Thread: Ultimate Edition?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ultimate Edition?

Hi folks, just a general query... does anyone know what has happened to the Ultimate edition website. It seems to have been taken over by some business software house with no mention of Ultimate edition itself. All queries in Google redirect to this page.
    It is very strange.
    Ultimate Edition, based on Ubuntu, is the only way to go...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Ultimate Edition?

The developer put a note on that site that he/she may be taking a break due to family issues . I last saw the site a month ago and the download is still available @ Softpedia and other sites.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks Frogs Hair. I was on the UE forum just a few days ago but, there was no mention of suddenly shutting down. I think something else has happened here.
    I know the owner has had a bereavement but, things were back on track.
    I know also that some of the work he was doing was attracting attention from big players - at least that's the story and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the big players has tried to shut him down again.
    Oh, well I'll just have to keep an eye out.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Ultimate Edition, based on Ubuntu, is the only way to go...

Beans

Exclamation Re: Ultimate Edition?

I have been trying to do a fresh install all weekend but when I do the updates something goes very wrong. I started with my usual 2.6.1; no good. I then tried 2.9 with the same result. The site is throwing up a WebOfTrust warning and all the recent messages have gone. Does anyone know what is happening.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Yeah, I noticed the UE repositories were not working anymore, then the news feed. Just went to the UE site, well, tried to, and get a "Suspended Site" message, and that the webmaster must contact a support email.... I hope UE still lives on?

B

Beans

i thought it was just me. I was looking for the website and couldnt find it. Last time I was on there a few weeks ago he said he was working on the new edition and would keep us posted on the development. I tried to go there today to see if there was any new info with no luck on finding the website. that seems strange that he recently posted he was getting back to work on it after his personal issues and now everything is just...gone...

Beans

Crap... I turned my Ubuntu Ultimate laptop on to get my updates and notta--no repo... now the hackers from China are going to take over my laptop... now wtf do I do:S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I found this: http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/

"Officially affiliated and sanctioned by the creators of Oz Unity and Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz will provide you all that you need to appraise and implement what we believe to be the premiere open source operating systems available today – but don't just take our word for it..."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

The creators girlfriend of 11 years passed away recently and although he claimed to be O.K. I think he is having delayed grief. If you need help or a download, the Australian forum is open. I don't have the link handy, but if you check Distro Watch under Ultimate they have the link. I turned my updater off in start up programs. Besides, you also get notices to upgrade to Natty which will break your Ultimate install. I'm just leaving well enough alone on this one! It's a shame because he had V3 almost finished, even had a sample video of it before the main site went down. O.K., see you have the link to Australia. Good luck!
    Athenroy,
    Classic Desktop User - Screenshot
    Linux Registered User #534875

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx