Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu gaming blog?

Beans

Question Ubuntu gaming blog?

Hey guys,

I recently found myself looking for Ubuntu games and found out that aside from a few random blog posts there really isn't a website for referencing Ubuntu games. Since I can't code and not to start it too megalomanically, I'm thinking of doing a blog about games you can play on Ubuntu.

Off the top, the features would be:

• no grading of games, but only put up ones that are finished and really good
    • classification system (by genre, year of release and developer)
    • installation guide
    • the reviews shouldn't be too long and must look good (nice screenshots)

The list could go on and on, but you get the general idea. Do you think this idea is worth pursuing and more importantly, does a site like this exist already?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu gaming blog?

Beans

Beans

So far put up OpenTTD and Battle for Wesnoth. Would appreciate some help in the FPS field since I mostly play strategy games.

Beans

Things that would be greatly appreciated:

some feedback about the blog, writing, etc...

how to get more views (I'm reading up on it, but advice from an experienced blogger would be very welcome)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Boris-- View Post
    Things that would be greatly appreciated:

some feedback about the blog, writing, etc...

how to get more views (I'm reading up on it, but advice from an experienced blogger would be very welcome)
    * You have to offer something that other sites doesn't have or offer the same but way better.

* often update/new stuff will sure you a steady stream of viewers.

Beans

Artificial: I'm trying to go in the direction of being simple and easy to understand. I'll try to update twice a week until I run out of games to write about.

Would it be possible to add my blog to Ubuntu gaming information thread? I think it'd boost my trafic since most of it comes from here, anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Boris-- View Post
    Artificial: I'm trying to go in the direction of being simple and easy to understand. I'll try to update twice a week until I run out of games to write about.

Would it be possible to add my blog to Ubuntu gaming information thread? I think it'd boost my trafic since most of it comes from here, anyway.
    When there are more meat on your side and we can see it's serious - we'll add it to the list.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    When there are more meat on your side and we can see it's serious - we'll add it to the list.
    In other words if you get serious and come up with something worth mentioning they will post it.
    -Unity Lover-

Open-Source is a way of LIFE

Beans

Boris, your blog seems to be off to a good start - keep it up.

I also have a gaming blog, based indirectly on Ubuntu (I use Mint 11, which uses the Ubuntu repositories). I do not score the games but give a "recommended" or "not really recommended" sort of rating. I also mention whether the game is in the repositories or has to be installed separately, and also if the game has a Windows version.
    So far I've been covering whole genres with one or two posts per genre. Fairly soon I will start focusing on one or two games per post, and talk about them in more detail. (Mainly because I am running out of genres to talk about).
    I think there are several other blogs out there too, but we should definitely support each other - more blogs about using Linux to play games is certainly not a bad thing!
    I'm going to add your blog to my blogroll.
    I blogged for 1 month, took a year-long break, and finally got serious and have been doing between 3 and 5 articles a month since last December. It's definitely fun and a bit of a challenge. See my signature for the link.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast