Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Natty Narwhal on Lenovo ThinkPad X220T

Beans

Re: Natty Narwhal on Lenovo ThinkPad X220T

All,

Not sure if this is the case anymore, but I remember in previous versions of Ubuntu, when you clicked the mouse wheel and moved the mouse up or down, it would scroll the active window up or down.

Is there a way to map this function to the "eraser" end of the stylus? I would like to be able to use the point for clicking and the "eraser" for scrolling.

Jason

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    My timeless prose on gestures is in 'man wacom', so just enter that in a terminal. Also see part VI. on the BambooPT HOW TO.
    Thanks Favux! Your prose is epic! The reason zooming with three fingers was ineffective was because I should have only used two!

Beans

Hi there,

first, thanks for all the work! This thread was really important in my decision to buy a x220t, which I'll get by tomorrow.

I wonder if a tutorial has been written about all the discussions here, has it? Any experience with ubuntu 12.10?

Cheers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fmelo79 View Post
    Hi there,
    Any experience with ubuntu 12.10?
    Cheers.
    I'm running 12.10 at the moment. The main thing I notice is increased power consumption - no matter how I fiddle with powertop, I can't get the computer to idle at less than about 13W. Under precise it could get down as low as about 7W. Under normal usage, the power consumption is generally higher than 12.04, and the fan is more active. If I can't sort this out, I'm going to have to revert.

Anyone else noticed this?

Beans

Hi rgbrown,

I installed 12.10 in my x220t and I also have basically no problems with it. I only had to install magick-rotation and everything works. I'd like to be able to calibrate the stylus a little better, and I'm looking at how to do it. Any hints?

About the power consumption, I cannot compare it with previous versions since 12.10 was the only one I've installed in my computer. I do, however, confirm that the fan is on very often.
    I found this link http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...15_power&num=1 with some tweaks to increase battery life, but I didn't try them myself.

Cheers.
    Last edited by fmelo79; November 2nd, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Beans

Hi,

I noticed something else: If I'm using a program in tablet mode and I switch to normal mode, then the pen goes crazy. It doesn't happen if I open the program in the mode I will actually use it. Would you know how to solve that?

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi all, LTNS. Glad to see the thread is still going strong.

I am still running on Oneiric, and I'm still having a video issue where when I disconnect from an external monitor the video goes to black and white bars with the mouse pointer still visible. I can usually work around this by switching to a console and back, or by suspending the latop and waking it, but that does not always work. Occasionally when this happens the whole system freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've been considering upgrading to 12.04 or .10, but mostly in the hopes that this issue will go away.

If nobody else has this issue (I tried looking for a bug report but didn't find one) I'm going to assume that it's related to some configuration choice I've made.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi unclepedro,

Maybe a glitch in xrandr?

What happens if instead of just disconnecting you use a xrandr command? Something like:
    Code:
    xrandr --output VGA-1 --off --output LVDS-1 --auto --mode 1280x800
    You'd want to run the xrandr command with and without the monitor attached to find the name of the connected monitor and your tablet's monitor if you don't already know them. And the same for the preferred tablet resolution (mode).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Good idea. I'll try that and report back. Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unclepedro View Post
    If nobody else has this issue (I tried looking for a bug report but didn't find one) I'm going to assume that it's related to some configuration choice I've made.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi unclepedro,
    i had the same behavior with Oneiric as well. With 12.04 and 12.10 I think it is gone, but since Kernel 3.2.27 there are stripes when using an external monitor connected to the display port. Since I have installed 12.10, I use the vga connection, but this is not a real solution for me...

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast