Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Natty Narwhal on Lenovo ThinkPad X220T

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Natty Narwhal on Lenovo ThinkPad X220T

Will do! Eventually I'm planning to put something up on ThinkWiki as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A little update.

Apparently the ISD-V4 keyword is coming from a Ubuntu patch to the 2.6.38 kernel. Ping says the generic 2.6.38 kernel does not have the E6 in it. And whoever applied the patch to enable the E6 (X220t) didn't use standard Linux Wacom nomenclature. However Ping says the 3.0 (?) kernel does have the E6 in it and Wacom will work as a keyword.

So for Natty you'll need to add ISD-V4 to the usb snippet in the 50-wacom.conf. I doubt it is worth filing a bug report over this. And if the kernel team does backport in the correct descriptor it shouldn't suddenly stop working because you'll still have the Wacom keywords in the 50-wacom.conf.
    Last edited by Favux; June 22nd, 2011 at 06:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I like to have my screen lock when idle, but that's pretty annoying when in tablet mode. Fortunately, fingerprint scanner support and integration into pam, gdm, and gnome-screensaver can be installed using the fingerprint-gui tool, available in PPA form here:

https://launchpad.net/~fingerprint/+...ingerprint-gui

I do not recommend installing from source. However, you should be warned that fingerprint-gui requires a proprietary thumbprint scanner driver from UPEK. There's also a bug which throws an error when using sudo from the terminal, but it should be fixed in the future, and doesn't seem to cause any real problems.

Beans

Well, I have been trying to get the stylus working in NN without much luck. I made the changes to the conf file before configuring/making the xf86-input-wacom package. The wacom module shows up in lsmod and the "ISD-V4 Pen stylus" shows up in xinput. Unfortunately I have had absolutely no luck getting the pen to move the cursor or anything else. Any ideas?

I didn't install any scripts/other setting files since I just wanted to get the stylus running and I gathered they weren't necessary when I read the installation instructions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi kcin,

Welcome to Ubunut forums!

I made the changes to the conf file before configuring/making the xf86-input-wacom package.
    xf86-input-wacom-0.11.1 will install a 50-wacom.conf when compiled in every release but Lucid. So check your wacom.conf and see if the ISD-V4 keyword is still there. It probably isn't as it was likely over written. If it isn't add it back in.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, we'll get this figured out... Maybe I left something out of the instructions. It could be worth reading the thread from the beginning to see if I did.

Beans

Hi I just installed ubuntu on my x220t to try it out after using windows for so long. I followed your instructions and everything works great except for the unity utouch multitouch features. Anything involving more than one finger doesn't seem to work at all in unity. Pinch zoom kind of works in firefox though. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PickleHead View Post
    Hi I just installed ubuntu on my x220t to try it out after using windows for so long. I followed your instructions and everything works great except for the unity utouch multitouch features. Anything involving more than one finger doesn't seem to work at all in unity. Pinch zoom kind of works in firefox though. Any ideas?
    Hi, you know, I was just reading about that stuff the other day. I seem to have pinch zooming in Firefox, Evince, and Nautilus, but it is somewhat hard to use -- I find it easier to use two hands, one finger stationary, and the other moving... not the most user friendly.

But I haven't specifically messed around with utouch or any other touch related tools. I'm definitely planning to but haven't had time. It'd be great if you would report any experiences you have, here, and we'll go from there.

Beans
    Distro

The Ricoh card reader is not fully operational in stock Natty. I will report on the fix for this ASAP.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/na...ux/+bug/790754

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi on another similar thread [http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1797487] User nmaster paste this link [http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/...e/201103-7377] - I think it is relevant.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast