Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Natty Narwhal on Lenovo ThinkPad X220T

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Natty Narwhal on Lenovo ThinkPad X220T

Okay, thanks for the heads up on Oneiric+Gimp+tablet. This is clearly broken.

I haven't read all posts in this thread, so I don't know whether there are big differences in Natty or Oneiric, or whether I should use the word "tablet", "multi-touch", "stylus" or whatever when I ask...

The thing is that I'm in the process of deciding whether I want a X220 or X220T. After browsing and pdf reading, I think the only serious use I'll make of the tablet, is sorting and editing photos.

In essence, I just want to know, if I'll be able to use Darktable using the stylus on the screen of a Thinkpad X220 tablet with Ubuntu, or if the stylus is too unpredictable.

Anyone got any experience or care to make a quick test, please?

Beans

Hi there,

I use my X220T for Photo-Editing in GIMP in Oneiric (it works for me!) and i try right now Darktable. The Pointer react, if you hould the Stylus just 1 cm above the panel (that's normal). After certain time, it's greath.

Best regards.
    Ghost Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Zta View Post
    Okay, thanks for the heads up on Oneiric+Gimp+tablet. This is clearly broken.

I haven't read all posts in this thread, so I don't know whether there are big differences in Natty or Oneiric, or whether I should use the word "tablet", "multi-touch", "stylus" or whatever when I ask...

The thing is that I'm in the process of deciding whether I want a X220 or X220T. After browsing and pdf reading, I think the only serious use I'll make of the tablet, is sorting and editing photos.

In essence, I just want to know, if I'll be able to use Darktable using the stylus on the screen of a Thinkpad X220 tablet with Ubuntu, or if the stylus is too unpredictable.

Anyone got any experience or care to make a quick test, please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

The gesture improvements I mentioned have been committed to the repository now. So you can get them by cloning the xf86-input-wacom git repository. See part II. c) of the BambooPT HOW TO.

Chris is asking for some feed back on the default settings: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...nuxwacom-devel If you have suggestions post them here or on the linuxwacom-devel thread.

Beans
    Distro

Hey all, LTNS.

Favux, is this still accurate for limiting pen/touch input to one display?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...93&postcount=1

I'd like to be able to use my pen on the x220T display in a 1-to-1 fashion while also using a second monitor (of different dimensions).

I thought I'd ask in case that info is not valid for Oneiric.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Good to hear from you again unclepedro.

Yes that should still be accurate. I updated it for the new Nvidia TwinView support for MapToOutput.

Beans
    Distro

Great -- thanks. I'll report back on my progress once I have time to do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by unclepedro View Post
    I used the basic installer to repartition the disk, shrinking my Windows 7 partition down to 50GB. After repartitioning, the first time you boot Windows, you'll need to run a filesystem check (which Windows will do automatically).
    Did you blow away and re-purpose the as-built "recovery" partition?
    Does all of the Lenovo boot stuff continue to work after the Linux install?
    The screen rotation button on the panel does not work by default, although the screen rotation in the Display Settings widget works well enough. (I added the widget to the panel.) However, when the screen is rotated, the pen input seems to be rotated as well (and as I said the finger input is not right). I have hopes that these have already been resolved but haven't tried yet.
    Karl Hegbloom has a PPA with a package tablet-screen-rotation-support that is worth the effort.

The bezel orientation button does not throw an ACPI event -- based on 'acpi-listen' output -- I've heard it needs to be enabled but have not learned how.
    So basically, all the non-tablet features work fine; the pen works fine in landscape mode, and (out of the box) finger is "working" but goofy and in rotated mode both are unusable but should be fixable.
    The Hegbloom package sorts much of this out.
    "All government spending, regardless of the motives, uses YOUR money."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Adding ISD-V4 to the MatchProduct directive did the trick. Both finger and pen work for basic input, like moving windows, clicking, etc. I can do at least some gestures, such as right clicking with "press-tap" -- although as this is my first touch device for Linux, I am sure I haven't tested the whole gamut, and I haven't tested things like the eraser. (Now that the hardware appears to be working, I will read the standard documentation and see what I need to do.)
    What do you mean by "standard documentation"?

I've not found much. Look! There goes that loose nut in the operators chair again.

Where did you find "standard documentation" about all of this?

~~~ 8d;-/ Dan

Beans
    Distro

Hi SaintDanBert -- welcome. No, when I did my original install I just squeezed down the Windows partition. I have since backed up my recovery partition and original partition tables and wiped both the recovery and Windows 7 partitions off the laptop. Windows in VirtualBox (with the HW virtualization enabled) works well enough that I don't need to be able to dual boot anymore.

What I meant by "standard documentation" was the documentation (anywhere) that explains how to use pen or touch input for any given app -- once drivers and input software for the hardware are working.

Thanks for the heads up on the rotation support PPA. I haven't had much time to play with my system's configuration, but when I get a chance, I will.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have been over at Advanced Buttons ... On G40 posting away about my X220t efforts. Also, I'm working on Ocelot as well as Narwhal. If someone will explain how, I'll gladly MOVE my posts over here.

Sorry that I forgot to tighten the loose nut in my operator's chair.

Cheers,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast