I'm very much interested in running Ubuntu (64bit) on the new 15" macbook pro (8,2), but I would like to get a bit more info about it. So if you own a 15" macbook pro could you please help me by answering the following questions:
1) Can you switch of the AMD Radeon GPU to save power?
2) Does the Thunderbolt port allow you to use an external monitor?
3) What is the battery life under Ubuntu? (please describe your usage)
Some more 'advanced' questions:
4) Is the quadcore benificial for running full disk encryption (due to the extended AES in Intel's 2.2 i7 cpu)?
5) What kind of IO throughput do you get with and without full disk encryption (please describe if you use SSD or HD incl RPM)
6) Can you tell me the exact type of Broadcom wireless chip used for wifi?
I would very much appreciate any answers to these question, thanks in advance!