Thread: local printers not showing up in printing application

Beans

Question local printers not showing up in printing application

I was trying to add a virtual PDF printer and show I installed cups-pdf. Supposedly it is supposed to list the virtual pdf printer in the System->Administration->Printing dialog when I choose Add printer. But it does not do that. All it shows is the remote printers on my file server.

So, opened up a web browser and when to localhost:631 and used the cups interface to add a virtual pdf printer, but still it does not show up in the printing dialog. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Beans

Re: local printers not showing up in printing application

Quote Originally Posted by Z.K. View Post
    I was trying to add a virtual PDF printer and show I installed cups-pdf. Supposedly it is supposed to list the virtual pdf printer in the System->Administration->Printing dialog when I choose Add printer. But it does not do that. All it shows is the remote printers on my file server.

So, opened up a web browser and when to localhost:631 and used the cups interface to add a virtual pdf printer, but still it does not show up in the printing dialog. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Well, I figured it out. Under Server there is a connect item. Then instead of the remote machine I typed in localhost and the PDF printers are there now. Any ideas how to show both remote and local printers at the same time.

Beans

Re: local printers not showing up in printing application

Quote Originally Posted by Z.K. View Post
    Well, I figured it out. Under Server there is a connect item. Then instead of the remote machine I typed in localhost and the PDF printers are there now. Any ideas how to show both remote and local printers at the same time.

Well, maybe not. While it does display the PDF printers when going to server and typing in localhost, the PDF printers are not available to any of my applications.