Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot make Java work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Cannot make Java work

Quote Originally Posted by frank cox View Post
    In order to search for drivers you must have Java.
    I have tried method after method and not once did I see the window from Sun .
    Hi, what drivers are you needing ubuntu has almost all drivers already installed and you do not use window drivers on ubuntu, unless as a very last resort with ndiswrapper. That is almost never needed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by frank cox View Post
    In order to search for drivers you must have Java.
    I have tried method after method and not once did I see the window from Sun .
    Hi, what drivers are you needing ubuntu has almost all drivers already installed and you do not use window drivers on ubuntu, unless as a very last resort with ndiswrapper. That is almost never needed. Also look in my previous post and there is a link to install all things including java for multimedia. You have to accept the agreement when the download of java starts from that link.

Beans

I am not stupid , I am aware that dell and hp do not have linux drivers , at least not many.
    I use Ubuntu but most of my customers use windows, hence the need to access dell and hp .
    I will try the methods you suggested, I use puppy linux at the house because I cannot get broadband there.

Beans

Is there anyone who can help me with this? I am at the point now where I will have to nuke natty . Today I needed a usb driver for an ocv drive on win 98 and I know where to get it but it might as well be on mars .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12