Thread: crash during upgrade, caps lock flashes

Beans

crash during upgrade, caps lock flashes

Hello

I recently tried updating Ubuntu to 11.04, and in the final minute it got to a empty console screen and the CAPS LOCK light was flashing on and off. I left it for about 2 hours, but it didn't do anything.
    Whenever I start Ubuntu now it does the same, so how do I get it working again?

DirkWillem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: crash during upgrade, caps lock flashes

Welcome to UF.
    That sounds like it may be a kernel panic. It's difficult to say, but you may have a conflict with the newer kernel offered in 11.04.
    The only way I can thinmk of is to download the 11.04 desktop live cd and burn the image to disc and see if your system will boot it. It may also give a kernel panic.
    It may be solvable with the help of a boot option but it's difficult to say with the limited information available.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans

Well, if y could only remove the (not working) ubuntu I have on my PC now, but Windows Vista can't acces ubuntu for some reason... Would I be able to delete it if I install Ubuntu 11.04, over the older version I have now?

However, I'm quite techincal but I cant restore that entire OS myself, the entire screen just goes on black with a flashing line for typing, but you cant type anything...
    Last edited by dirkwillem; June 16th, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

Beans

Try selecting an older kernel... Hold Shift while booting up