Thread: stinking comcast router still doesnt connect wirelessly

Beans

Angry stinking comcast router still doesnt connect wirelessly

Hello. I am brand new to linux. Never touched a windowless pc in my life. Tonight, I got antsy and installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop. I have comcast xfinity internet. I have the horrible router/modem and (still in the box) a router.
    Since install, I havent been able to connect wirelessly to internet through xfinity. It works well at a friends house who uses att uverse. I have read hours worth of forum posts most of which were in greek to me and tried to apply the solutions suggested. No luck. It does connect wired. Please someone help me! My husband ia already mad enough that I put linux on his toy.
    Whatever suggestions you make, can you please talk to me like I know nothing about this software. That will be true.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: stinking comcast router still doesnt connect wirelessly

Welcome to the forums.

I have the old Comcast modem only and my own router. I just upgraded my router from a 6 year old b/g to a new n version recently.

If you are able to connect elsewhere then you should have the correct wireless drivers in Ubuntu and it is just how you are connecting to your Comcast system.

Does it work ok from a hard wired Ethernet connection?

My Motorola Comcast modem is at this address, is yours and does it show configured?

http://192.168.100.1/
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.