Thread: Flash stopped working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy Flash stopped working

Flash had been working fine in both Chrome and Firefox until yesterday. Now I get a message saying that it's out of date, but so far I haven't been successful with installing Flash 10. First, I did the obvious thing and clicked "update plugin" which took me to the Adobe site. I selected APT for Ubuntu 10.04 + (because I'm using Ubuntu 10.04). After going through the quick installation process, I got the message "Package 'adobe-flashplugin' is virtual." I restarted Chrome, and my Flash player was still out of date. I tried to do the same thing in Firefox. I found instructions elsewhere on the Ubuntu forums to try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge flashplugin-nonfree -y && sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
    Which also did not solve the problem.

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit. I primarily use the Chrome browser, though sometimes use Firefox (certain online flash games have only ever worked in that browser).
    "Our bodies stirred with these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time."
    -Frank Herbert

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Flash stopped working

use the flash aid addon for firefox
    google "flash aid"
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Flash stopped working

Thank you, kind human I ran flash aid in Firefox, and Flash now works in both Firefox and Chrome.
    "Our bodies stirred with these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time."
    -Frank Herbert