Thread: Nagios Anybody?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Nagios Anybody?

I installed nagstamon and I am trying to figure out how to setup/use it. I have a project for work I need to figure out, and so far the online documentation and setup for the application has been poor from what I have been able to find.

Our idea is to setup a computer that can remotely monitor many different servers for our clients (connecting to Windows Servers 2003 and 2008R2), as well as Linux servers.

Has anybody used/setup/played with nagios / nagstamon? Any help/ideas/documentation is appreciated; I'm lost.

Thank you.
    Check out my Youtube channel for some awesome gaming videos, including Dragonforce, "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert Performance Mode from Guitar Hero III. My Youtube Channel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Nagios Anybody?

I'm a young, freelancing java developer. If you have any questions or need an app, feel free to message me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Nagios Anybody?

I know the thread is quite old, but maby for others who want to jump into the Nagios Ecosystem I can tell for my own experiences that it takes a bit before you fully understand the system as a whole (config files etc.)

But when it works and you have setup everything it works like a charm and it will be easy to add other servers to nagios.

If find the official Nagios documentation pretty easy to understand (and I am definitly no Ubuntu Expert).

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3...rt-ubuntu.html