... works just fine with Kubuntu + Intel IGP. I am pleased.
Not very happy with it on my system (i980x & SSD).
- Seems like some kind of race condition is hanging it during mountall. I assume it's in mountall, as when it hangs it last mentions mounting the NFS shares. It's only booted successfully without hanging 2 out of 30 times I tried.
- HDA Intel sound is broken. I can hear via my headphones, but the speakers do not work in 3.0.0. Rebooting to 2.6.39-3 fixes the sound.
- Had to install the edgers nvidia drivers, since the current std repo version won't build for 3.0.0.
Its been a while since we had plymouth foisted on us, but I remember that one of those two was partially rewritten to stop people from fixing a couple of bugs that made their systems unbootable, by removing plymouth.
Custom PC- Athlon II, GeForce 210, Kubuntu Ocelot
Dell Inspiron 1564, i3 Arrandale, Lubuntu Lucid
Winbook M Series, Kubuntu Ocelot
Thanks for this thread everyone (especially coffecat).
Armed with this knowledge, I was able to update to the new kernel and then also updated the new NVidia drivers before the reboot and was able to reboot with sound-over-HDMI still working and everything.
You folks are awesome!
Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!
The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village
Have you guys notices any improvements in power management. 2.6.38/39 is a power sucker. Any easy way to install this in Natty
Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ 3.0-rc2 is there for Oneiric but it works fine on Natty (for me, with edgers nvidia). On my Oneiric laptop everything works very nicely once the system boots - however it takes two or three hard resets to get it to boot to a desktop; otherwise it just hangs when logging in (no keyboard response at all, not even to magic keys). SSH works but I can't force a logout (tried gnome-session-quit --display=:0 --force --[something else]).
1) Dell Studio 1749: i5 540 (2.5GHz), 8GB, ATi 5650, Intel 5300AGN XFCE@Manjaro-x64
2) Lenovo X61: C2D T7200, 2GB, Intel HDA, iwlwifi, XFCE@Manjaro-x64
3) Compaq Mini 311c: Atom N270 (OC@2.0GHz), 3GB, Nvidia ION, Broadcom G+BT XFCE@13.10x32
3.0.0 installs and works well on Lubuntu 11.04 although my nvidia 6600gt wont kick in with binary drivers so using nouveau for now which works well also
Works well for me too and the gtk-recordmydesktop issues seem to have gone too ....
in Gnome-Shell ....
Finally got a running version of Gnome Shell in OO .... 11.10 ....... kernel generic 3.0.0
as of today .... and .... compiz replace works ....
no blues flashes ....
The video problems no longer exist .... this is quickly done basic video using Gtk-Recordmydesktop
Its been done on dual monitor and one is bigger than the other ..... thats why its so wide .... and a split
in the display 2/3rds across - but it is working well now.
Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 14th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
RC3 has turned up: