Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Beans
    9

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Quote Originally Posted by TBABill View Post
    Looks like you are not alone according to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/478036

    However, your problem is a bit different because it's good till you manually set the switch to off, then can't get it to resume.

    I had posted to sudo modprobe ath5k, but the last post in the bug report says the user was able to get theirs going on Natty by, when it happens, doing
    Code:
    sudo rmmod -f ath5k
    and then following that with
    Code:
    sudo rfkill unblock all
    and then
    Code:
    sudo modprobe ath5k
    Wow, thank you for the link, I was searching in that place and I saw a lot of interesting threads, but I didn't find the thread that you've linked. It's almost the same problem, but the solution doesn't work. It's the same that I had tried from here removing ath5k.

    I am trying to kill the process of rfkill before remove ath5k as the first part of your link says, buy I can't find any process that looks like rfkill or something like this.

    I will try posting there too.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Soec; June 14th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Beans
    9

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    REEDITED

    SOLVEEEEED

    Code:
    mipc:~$ modinfo ath5k
    filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ath5k.ko
    license:        Dual BSD/GPL
    description:    Support for 5xxx series of Atheros 802.11 wireless LAN cards.
    author:         Nick Kossifidis
    author:         Jiri Slaby
    srcversion:     F4251C9C364128E69095BD1
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd0000001Dsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd0000001Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd0000001Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd0000001Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000019sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000018sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000017sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000016sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000015sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000014sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00001014sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010B7d00000013sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000A727d00000013sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000013sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000012sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000011sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000007sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v0000168Cd00000207sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    depends:        mac80211,cfg80211,ath
    vermagic:       2.6.38-8-generic SMP mod_unload modversions 686 
    parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (bool)
    parm:           all_channels:Expose all channels the device can use. (bool)
    I saw this:
    Code:
    parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (bool)
    I executed
    Code:
    mipc:~$ sudo modprobe ath5k nohwcrypt
    But it's OK now... It's strange but works, I won't ask why...

    Code:
    mipc:~$ rfkill list
    0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
    I have read in other forum that I must activate this script anyway. I did:

    Code:
    mipc:~$ sudo sh -c "echo 'options ath5k nohwcrypt' >/etc/modprobe.d/custom-wireless.conf"
    Everthing it's ok now... I expect this thread can help somebody one day...

    Regards!
    Last edited by Soec; June 15th, 2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: It's working now

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    11

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Aw man.. This was -so- close to helping me out.. But I have the rt2500pci driver and that apparently doesn't have the nohwcrypt parameter. The rt73usb and rt2500usb etc does have it though, and I get online with the rt73usb stick, but as soon as I modprobe rt2500pci it goes into hwblock-mode again.

    Any ideas? I'm googling all I can, but find no equivalent to nohwcrypt for the rt2500pci

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Beans
    2
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    I solved my problem of wireless being hard blocked on a toshiba netbook with realtek wifi chip. All I did was reboot and use fuction key + F8 which is my wifi hotkey switch. During Bios Boot Screen. make it is pressed before OS takes over.

    Hope this helps someone!


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Beans
    13

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Quote Originally Posted by Soec View Post
    Code:
    mipc:~$ rfkill list
    0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
    I have read in other forum that I must activate this script anyway. I did:

    Code:
    mipc:~$ sudo sh -c "echo 'options ath5k nohwcrypt' >/etc/modprobe.d/custom-wireless.conf"
    Everthing it's ok now... I expect this thread can help somebody one day...

    Regards!
    Hi, I already in this state...and follow your next step. But my wireless tab setting was disable, and how to make my wireless search wl network automatically?
    and then I checked with "lshw" :

    Code:
      *-network UNCLAIMED
           description: Network controller
           product: AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)
           vendor: Atheros Communications Inc.
           physical id: 0
           bus info: pci@0000:06:00.0
           version: 01
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
           configuration: latency=0
           resources: memory:e8100000-e810ffff

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in my thoughts
    Beans
    19
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Red face Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Quote Originally Posted by Soec
    I saw this:

    Code:
    parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (bool)
    I executed

    Code:
    mipc:~$ sudo modprobe ath5k nohwcrypt
    But it's OK now... It's strange but works, I won't ask why...

    Code:
    mipc:~$ rfkill list 0: phy0: Wireless LAN     Soft blocked: no     Hard blocked: no 
    I have read in other forum that I must activate this script anyway. I did:
    Code:
    mipc:~$ sudo sh -c "echo 'options ath5k nohwcrypt' >/etc/modprobe.d/custom-wireless.conf"
    Everthing it's ok now... I expect this thread can help somebody one day...

    Regards!
    first of all thanks alot ....
    second,sorry to bubble thread up but it's necessary hope to help.
    then I'm facing same problem with fedora17 and your solution seems not to work here even I changed names as my wireless adapter is "rt73usb"
    here is my "modinfo rt73usb"
    Code:
    filename:       /lib/modules/3.4.4-3.fc17.i686/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt73usb.ko
    license:        GPL
    firmware:       rt73.bin
    description:    Ralink RT73 USB Wireless LAN driver.
    version:        2.3.0
    author:         http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com
    srcversion:     15BB6C709D88838D196F416
    alias:          usb:v0586p3415d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0CDEp001Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v7167p3840d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v2019pAB50d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v2019pAB01d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0471p200Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v6933p5001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0769p31F3d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p9712d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p90ACd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p002Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p0027d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p0024d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1740p7100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v04E8p4471d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18E8p6238d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18E8p6229d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18E8p6196d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0812p3101d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v148Fp2671d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v148Fp2573d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v04BBp093Dd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1B75p7318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0pA874d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0pA861d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0p6874d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0p6877d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0p4600d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v13B1p0028d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v13B1p0023d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v13B1p0020d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v06F8pE020d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v06F8pE010d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v06F8pE002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1472p0009d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1044p800Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1044p8008d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v15A9p0004d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1740p3701d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v7392p7618d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v7392p7318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C07d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C06d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C04d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C03d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07AAp002Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v14B2p3C22d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1371p9032d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1371p9022d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v178Dp02BEd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p0137d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p0119d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p0116d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00F4d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00E6d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00D9d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00D8d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v08DDp0120d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1631pC019d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v050Dp905Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v050Dp905Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v050Dp705Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0B05p1724d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0B05p1723d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1690p0722d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18C5p0002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0EB0p9021d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v148Fp9021d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v14B2p3C10d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Dd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    depends:        rt2x00lib,rt2x00usb,crc-itu-t
    intree:         Y
    vermagic:       3.4.4-3.fc17.i686 SMP mod_unload 686 
    parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (bool)
    I don't know how to solve it exactly
    any new tips would be useful ?
    Note:I have also Ubuntu on same machine and no problem with wireless !
    Last edited by intelligence storm; July 3rd, 2012 at 11:12 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    1

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Quote Originally Posted by intelligence storm View Post
    first of all thanks alot ....
    second,sorry to bubble thread up but it's necessary hope to help.
    then I'm facing same problem with fedora17 and your solution seems not to work here even I changed names as my wireless adapter is "rt73usb"
    here is my "modinfo rt73usb"
    Code:
    filename:       /lib/modules/3.4.4-3.fc17.i686/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt73usb.ko
    license:        GPL
    firmware:       rt73.bin
    description:    Ralink RT73 USB Wireless LAN driver.
    version:        2.3.0
    author:         http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com
    srcversion:     15BB6C709D88838D196F416
    alias:          usb:v0586p3415d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0CDEp001Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v7167p3840d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v2019pAB50d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v2019pAB01d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0471p200Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v6933p5001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0769p31F3d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p9712d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p90ACd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p002Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p0027d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DF6p0024d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1740p7100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v04E8p4471d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18E8p6238d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18E8p6229d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18E8p6196d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0812p3101d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v148Fp2671d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v148Fp2573d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v04BBp093Dd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1B75p7318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0pA874d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0pA861d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0p6874d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0p6877d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0DB0p4600d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v13B1p0028d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v13B1p0023d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v13B1p0020d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v06F8pE020d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v06F8pE010d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v06F8pE002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1472p0009d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1044p800Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1044p8008d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v15A9p0004d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1740p3701d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v7392p7618d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v7392p7318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C07d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C06d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C04d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07D1p3C03d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07AAp002Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v14B2p3C22d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1371p9032d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1371p9022d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v178Dp02BEd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p0137d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p0119d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p0116d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00F4d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00E6d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00D9d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0411p00D8d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v08DDp0120d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1631pC019d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v050Dp905Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v050Dp905Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v050Dp705Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0B05p1724d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0B05p1723d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v1690p0722d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v18C5p0002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v0EB0p9021d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v148Fp9021d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v14B2p3C10d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Dd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias:          usb:v07B8pB21Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    depends:        rt2x00lib,rt2x00usb,crc-itu-t
    intree:         Y
    vermagic:       3.4.4-3.fc17.i686 SMP mod_unload 686 
    parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (bool)
    I don't know how to solve it exactly
    any new tips would be useful ?
    Note:I have also Ubuntu on same machine and no problem with wireless !
    I have the same problem as you, with rt73usb! The only way I got wifi working is boot on ubuntu (not have this problem), turn it on then reboot on fedora 17!

    This is really silly, but works. The main difference between ubuntu and fedora is, in fedora, there's a module rfkill loaded.

    If anyone have a solution for this, will be great!

    Sorry to post a Fedora problem on a Ubuntu forum....

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    15,058
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Hi ltcarneiro, you should also post this on the fedora forum.
    Thanks

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    7

    Wink Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    In my case that solved my problem:

    Code:
    rmmod -f iwlwifi
    
    rfkill unblock all
    
    modprobe iwlwifi
    Thank you very much.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Beans
    1

    Re: rfkill hard block my wireless when I switch it off/on

    Does not work for me. System says "invalid argumen", when I try sudo modprobe ath9k nohwcrypt, but in modinfo ath9k I see
    Code:
    parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (int)


    Any ideas?
    uname -r = 3.8.0rc4
    lspci = 02:00.0 Device 0037 (rev 01)
    Last edited by zionkv; January 29th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •