Thread: Is there an easy way to make my laptop CPU run SLOWER than maximum speed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy Is there an easy way to make my laptop CPU run SLOWER than maximum speed?

My laptop gets hot and I don't like the heat and the fan noise. On Windows when I am not doing something CPU intensive the speed falls down to 900 mhz and fan noise dwindles, when I am doing something CPU intensive it rises up to 2200 mhz.

I can't find any way to do this on Ubuntu. I've searched it on several settings apps on my fresh 11.10 install and on the web. I sense that it's running in top speed because it's been running hotter than usual.

Is it even possible to do this on easily on linux? I can't use my laptop like this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Is there an easy way to make my laptop CPU run SLOWER than maximum speed?

OK I finally found this app http://www.webupd8.org/2011/07/cpu-f...tor-fixed.html

It works without problem so far, very similar to power settings tray icon on Windows 7 just fire up Terminal and do what the page says.