Lubuntu Development Release

Re: nm-applet invisible (no icon)

What do you get if you run this?

Code:
    cat /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
    1(=on) on my box
    2 (=off) on my box

Don't know for sure but yours might be null... after the sudo echo

I have no idea why that would make the nm-applet vanish...
    Boot Info Script
    Ubuntu User number is # 32763
    Linux User number is # 527179

Beans

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Neither the network manager nor bluetooth applet are showing up in the notification area after I upgraded to 11.04. I have a single horizontal panel with the notification area on it (it contains the volume and battery indicators).

It is running correctly and I get notifications when it attaches to a WLAN (one that I had defined prior to upgrading). Restarting the applet and/or network-manager service does not help.

When signing in, I say for a fraction of a second the bluetooth applet flashing in the panel, but not the nm-applet - might have been too brief though.

Here's my output from xsession-errors:

$ grep nm .xsession-errors
    ** (nm-applet:4649): DEBUG: old state indicates that this was not a disconnect 0
    ** (nm-applet:4649): DEBUG: old state indicates that this was not a disconnect 0
    (xfce4-indicator-plugin:4667): Indicator-Application-DEBUG: Building new application entry: :1.33 with icon: nm-no-connection at position 1
    ** (nm-applet:4649): DEBUG: foo_client_state_changed_cb
    (nm-applet:4649): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_composite: assertion `dest_y >= 0 && dest_y + dest_height <= dest->height' failed
    (nm-applet:4649): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_composite: assertion `dest_y >= 0 && dest_y + dest_height <= dest->height' failed
    ** (nm-applet:4649): DEBUG: foo_client_state_changed_cb
    ** (nm-applet:4649): WARNING **: _nm_object_get_property: Error getting 'RsnFlags' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/26: (19) Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist
    (xfce4-indicator-plugin:4667): Indicator-Application-DEBUG: Building new application entry: :1.85 with icon: nm-no-connection at position 1
    Should I report a new bug?

Thanks.

Beans

Hi,

A bit more info: When I reboot my machine and log in, the notification area does not appear in the panel at all. It is running though:

$ ps waux|grep xfce4-indicator
    sampo 1565 1.7 0.7 145252 16320 ? Sl 07:45 0:04 /usr/lib/xfce4-indicator-plugin/xfce4/panel-plugins/xfce4-indicator-plugin 28 25165889 indicator Indicator Plugin An indicator of something that needs your attention on the desktop
    When I manually add it to the panel it shows only the volume and battery indicators.

I've attached my .xsession-errors after reboot and login, there's quite a bit of stuff related to the indicator, bluetooth and network manager.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Go to panel preferences and edit Notification area, check that icon size =16px as below the nm-applet icon vanishes!

update to xfce 4.10 fixes it I think.

upgrade xfce 4.10

Beans

also (on such an old thread) check panel size -for me with xfce has to be >18px to show nm applet, icons >16px
    any smaller panel and u get pixbuf crash
    Last edited by ppqq; July 6th, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: add

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12