Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up a Wacom Serial Tablet in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO Set Up a Wacom Serial Tablet in Ubuntu

Ah - so step b) was not part of alternative two - there is some stuff to do yet

Beans

Maybe I'm just thick, but I cannot find references to the actual patch files themselves... It is getting quite late here - if that serves as an excuse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The patch for inputattach is in the folder you downloaded from tokenrove. Not enough coffee is always an excuse in my book.

Beans

There - now it actually works - at least the moving about of the system pointer.

It did not seem to find the inputattach that I put into /etc/rc.local... but just being able to put it in at the command line is a lot better than I thought I'd get tonight.

Now to try out what the gimp can do with this new toy.

Beans
    Distro

Congratulations. Almost there. I wonder if the convertor has something to do with that?

Regarding Gimp, you might need to update to 2.7. See this Launchpad bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mp/+bug/863154 Ubuntu sort of shot itself in the foot with Oneiric and graphics tablets maybe.

Edit: Oh and you should contact tokenrove by e-mail using the link on his site to report that you have an Artpad working and how it does.
    Last edited by Favux; October 22nd, 2011 at 01:42 AM.

Beans

That may be - but as I mentioned I am running Kubuntu, and there far worse things happen at sea - the browser has been extremely unstable while trying to get all these downloads. The mail client no longer keeps track of un/read messages, sigh, but all good things come to those who wait (and file bug reports)

If you are ever passing by in my neck of the woods (Copenhagen) I'll buy you your choice of beverage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Good! By the way which Intuos2 model do you have?

Say thorwil do you have an airbrush? If so does its scrollwheel work if you follow the xsetwacom instructions in this post?

Also if you have a mouse is it working?
    Ooh, I don't remember how they called it, but it's close to 30 x 30 cm. I got it cheap, used but good as new directly from Wacom. That's also the reason it's serial

No airbrush, but the mouse (which I had to dug out of a drawer, as I never use it) does work.

Beans
    Distro

Great another confirmation that the Wacom tablet mouse works for roaldfre!

I think he's got it all working. Maybe even the airbrush scrollwheel. Just need verification on that. Which would mean he is ready to submit it to the kernel and to the Linux Console Project.

The newer tablets have the model numbers on a sticker on the back of the tablet. By any chance does your serial tablet have a similar sticker?

Beans

Got an Intuous 2 (XD-0912-R) working under Natty with roaldfre's protocol V driver.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but on the inputattach command, I used one dash instead of two i.e.

Code:
    inputattach -wacom_v /dev/ttyUSB0
    instead of

Code:
    inputattach --wacom_v /dev/ttyUSB0
    Also, fwiw "Wacom 5 protocol serial tablet driver" now shows up as an option alongside my Nvidia drivers in Additional Drivers under Settings.

Beans
    Distro

Hi again luminol. Great!

So you got the ch341.ko working? Did you have to patch it?
    on the inputattach command, I used one dash instead of two
    So did two dashes also work? Sometimes syntax is not so strict depending on how it is coded so you can use a variant. For example xinput has gone from requiring dash(es) to allowing just the option or switch as has xsetwacom.
    Also, fwiw "Wacom 5 protocol serial tablet driver" now shows up as an option alongside my Nvidia drivers in Additional Drivers under Settings.
    lol Don't know what that means! I think that's a question for roaldfre and tokenrove.

I assume if you have one your Wacom tablet mouse works? Also if you have an airbrush it would be very good if you could test the scrollwheel.

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast