Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up a Wacom Serial Tablet in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO Set Up a Wacom Serial Tablet in Ubuntu

Hello, I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my chromebook (with crouton) and I want to use my Wacom (model CTL-480) Tablet on it.

"uname -r" indicates : 3.10.18

I downloaded "input-wacom-0.26.0.tar.bz2"

I followed the tutorial but when I write : "./configure --prefix=/usr"

I have that :

"BUILD ENVIRONMENT :
    linux kernel - yes
    kernel source - no

We could not find the kernel development environment to build the driver. Please install the kernel source or the kernel development package and try again."

Is there a solution to set up my tablet ? Thank you !

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kb8923 View Post
    Hi, I am affraid this link is dead, that's too bad, I am also trying to make my Intuos GD 405-R work with my new Linux machine. Right now I'm on Linux 3.13.0-45-generic x86_64 and KDE 4.14.2. I was able to use this tablet on my previous Linux system, but haven't been able to do so on this new one .
    Oops, the actual link isn't dead, but a semicolon was accidentally included in the link. It's
    http://www.cipht.net/2011/07/02/waco...l-release.html
    and I should also note that the Wacom IV patch is now included with linuxconsole upstream.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ziad2 View Post
    We could not find the kernel development environment to build the driver. Please install the kernel source or the kernel development package and try again."

Is there a solution to set up my tablet ? Thank you !
    Try
    Code:
    apt-get install build-essential linux-headers
    ; you might have to install a specific version of linux-headers that matches your kernel.

I should note that PenPartner devices are broken in the version of the driver in kernel 3.17; when I get a moment soon, I'm going to try to fix this. If anyone has a PenPartner device and would be interested in testing for me, please email me. Thanks.

Beans

It seems that no matter what I try I always end up with bunch of errors such as "invalid mode '--wacom_v'"and the same "No tablet device detected" in my System Settings panel in the end.
    Yet my serial to usb adapter appears properly mounted and listed when I lsusb.
    It would be nice to start a new walk through.
    Last edited by kb8923; February 11th, 2015 at 09:22 AM.

Beans

It seems that no matter what I try I always end up with bunch of errors such as "invalid mode '--wacom_v'"and the same "No tablet device detected" in my System Settings panel in the end.
    Which version of inputattach are you using? Is this for roaldfre's protocol V driver?

It would be nice to start a new walk through.
    Now that the suitable patches are in for linuxconsole and the kernel, it would make sense to write a new tutorial.

Beans

I did try a bunch of different versions and I'm losing track now, that's why it's getting confusing.

Beans

Hi. I'm trying to get my old Intuos 1 to work so I followed the tutorial here. But I'm stuck at the dpkg-buildpackage step. Here is what I get :
    Code:
    root@me-laptop:/home/me/Intuos/wacom_serial5-master/joystick-1.4.3# dpkg-buildpackage
    dpkg-buildpackage: source package joystick
    dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1:1.4.3-1
    dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org>
    dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
     dpkg-source --before-build joystick-1.4.3
     debian/rules clean
    PREFIX=/usr dh clean
       dh_testdir
       dh_auto_clean
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/me/Intuos/wacom_serial5-master/joystick-1.4.3'
    make -C utils distclean
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/me/Intuos/wacom_serial5-master/joystick-1.4.3/utils'
    rm -f *.o *.swp inputattach jstest jscal fftest ffmvforce ffset ffcfstress jscal-restore jscal-store *.orig *.rej map *~
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/me/Intuos/wacom_serial5-master/joystick-1.4.3/utils'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/Intuos/wacom_serial5-master/joystick-1.4.3'
       dh_clean
     dpkg-source -b joystick-1.4.3
    dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
    dpkg-source: info: building joystick using existing ./joystick_1.4.3.orig.tar.bz2
    dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
     joystick-1.4.3/inputattach.patch
     joystick-1.4.3/utils/inputattach.c
     joystick-1.4.3/utils/serio-ids.h
    dpkg-source: info: you can integrate the local changes with dpkg-source --commit
    dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see /tmp/joystick_1.4.3-1.diff.xG1_Np
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b joystick-1.4.3 gave error exit status 2
    I'm sorry if this probleme has already been adressed but I didn't have the courage to read all 55 pages of this thread and I don't know if there's any way to make a search limited to one thread.
    Edit: Ok, I found how to search the thread. I couldn't do it before I was logged in and I only logged in when I decided to post a message. I didn't find any answer to my question anyway.

I'm on Debian Wheezy by the way, not Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Ti-nérisson; February 25th, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I recently acquired a Thinkpad X201 Tablet, and though I have been able to get the Wacom stylus working under Windows 7, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it working under the Xubuntu 15.04 beta. I've looked all over the internet, I've tried compiling kernels with support, and I've gotten absolutely nowhere.

I have found out however that this touchscreen is serial based, and that if I type "sudo inputattach --dump /dev/ttyS0" in the terminal and hover my stylus above the screen, I get output in the terminal window, I'm presuming raw serial data, until I hit ctrl-C. If anyone here knew how I could get things working so that my stylus is actually usable for something, I would much appreciate it.

Btw, if my username is somewhat familiar, I believe I had an account on this forum once before, but I lost my old login a long time ago so I just created a new Ubuntu One account. Hopefully the mods don't mind.
    Last edited by mrbigmouth502; April 21st, 2015 at 06:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Bump.

Beans

Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet

not sure if you spotted the title of this huge, long-running thread that you have elected to post on; to me, it says Wacom tablet but you seem to have a Lenovo Thinkpad tablet computer?

You might find you get more help if you started a new thread; all for yourself; with the title mentioning your device ............. wacom serial would likely get little support .............as wacom these days are plug and play .......................

PS try googling on
    ubuntu solved thinkpad x201 tablet
    and see if you have any joy there

......... you get things like this http://etoby.de/technology/ubuntu-13...o-x201-tablet/

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast