Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Thermal Shutdown Ocurred

Beans

Re: HP Thermal Shutdown Ocurred

How do you update the BIOS through Ubuntu?

Beans

i dont know, when i want to update the BIOS i dual boot windows, its the only way i know sorry

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

my solution to the same problem (hp g62) is to lift the laptop and put it on a book, so it is still in a comfortable slopy position for typing and i'm giving the fan more air. i know this is NOT the kind of solution preferred here, but as long as i cant find a software/setting solution, i have to do something.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tulipán View Post
    my solution to the same problem (hp g62) is to lift the laptop and put it on a book, so it is still in a comfortable slopy position for typing and i'm giving the fan more air. i know this is NOT the kind of solution preferred here, but as long as i cant find a software/setting solution, i have to do something.
    This is a firmware bug that is not actually related to the temperature of the laptop. Unfortunately, keeping it cooler does nothing to solve the issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by loboes41 View Post
    This is a firmware bug that is not actually related to the temperature of the laptop. Unfortunately, keeping it cooler does nothing to solve the issue.
    Am so sorry for being such an ignoramus. i was just trying to help. Keeping it cooler does prevent shutdowns on my comp. sorry again.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by IDLCR View Post
    ok, sorry for taking so long to answer and maybe you all have already solved it, the problem disappeared when i updated the bios, the last one from HP support page and now the problem is gone, F.52
    hello

I also have that problem. Updated to the latest bios F.1C but it is also present there ! The file F.52 is no longer available on hp's site. Do you have it lying around still? I'd like to get my hands on it!

much obliged,

josvanr

Beans

HI sir
    Did u get the solution of over heating, please provide me the solution if you got.

regards
    Vijay
    vijaypanwar.4u@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by IDLCR View Post
    Hello! this is my first thread in this forum since im using ubuntu (2009)usually all my questions or problems get resolved in here but latley im having one that i cant find a possible solution

Recenlty i bought a notebook (HP Pavilion g4-1064)since day 1 i wanted to install ubuntu which i suceed to without any problems my problem start when i restart the notebook a "Thermal Shutdown Ocurred" alert is displayed before i can even load the OS but the computer NEVER shutdown while in use even on heavy load, i installed lm-Sensors and it says my core temps are 47c idle to 67c under heavy load, which i think are normal temps because even under Windows 7 the temps are almost the same ( +- 2c )btw i think its good to say that when im under windows and i restart the pc the thermal shutdown ocurred display doesnt happen which makes me think that is something with Ubuntu doesnt communicate with the bios or something i have istalled the latest drivers and BIOS from HP support page but the error its still displaying

in resume
    the notebook displays a Thermal Shutdown Error even when my notbeook its cool and never shutdown while in use its only when i restart the PC FROM ubuntu, from windows its ok

Hope i get explain ( Spanish its my native so i have some trouble explaining in english ) i really wish someone could help me, tough the Error Display its just .... an error its annoying Thanks

Sorry i forgot
    Specs

core i3 2310m
    intel hd Graphics 3000
    320 hitachi Hdd
    3gb 1333mhz Ram

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12