Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Beans
    273

    11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    Which Adobe should I install? I want to watch videos and weather radar stations. There are so many.
    What is the best, safest, easiest place to download it from. I am confused whether I need a player or a plugin.

    Thanks in advance.

    gumshoegrant

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Beans
    36

    Re: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    You mean flash? The newest non-free one.

  3. #3
    beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2,785

    Re: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlouBlou View Post
    You mean flash? The newest non-free one.
    Just install the flash-aid addon for Firefox and run the script, it will install the latest flash and sort everything out for you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Beans
    273

    Re: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    Just install the flash-aid addon for Firefox and run the script, it will install the latest flash and sort everything out for you.
    Don't know how to run the script. I drinking a crafe of ubuntu!

  5. #5
    beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2,785

    Re: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    Quote Originally Posted by gumshoegrant View Post
    Don't know how to run the script. I drinking a crafe of ubuntu!

    Ok, first of all open firefox, go to View > Toolbars and make sure that the addon bar is checked. Install the flash-aid addon and restart FF. Now you will see a little icon with a 'f' on the addon bar, click it and choose one of the mode to install (wizard mode is easy enough).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bucharest
    Beans
    604

    Re: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    To install it type in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
    This will install the latest version.

    Alternately you can download it from here, uncompress it, and copy the libflashplayer.so file inside ~/.mozilla/plugins (if the directory doesn't exist then create it).

  7. #7
    beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2,785

    Re: 11.04 Which Adobe to run?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    To install it type in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
    This will install the latest version.

    Alternately you can download it from here, uncompress it, and copy the libflashplayer.so file inside ~/.mozilla/plugins (if the directory doesn't exist then create it).
    This will not, you are just installing the version from the software centre, which is unlikely to be the latest.

    Flash-aid is the easiest way and it also optimizes flash and clear up conflicting versions of flash. Highly recommended.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •