Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mediacenter with nVIDIA h264 Hardware Decoding

Beans

Re: Mediacenter with nVIDIA h264 Hardware Decoding

Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    I am planning to look at Andrew.46's guide eventually for compiling VLC myself, but it has to wait til I have the time.
    Sorry for my laziness, but having so many VM's is a pain, and then there are dependency issues. I also wonder how many people actually use that PPA and are still on Maverick, so that putting time/effort into backporting VLC isn't compelling. If only a handful of people want it, it's better that they learn how to compile their own anyway..

beew is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Mediacenter with nVIDIA h264 Hardware Decoding

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    That PPA doesn't have the necessary stuff for va-api on vdpau. I've put the necessary stuff in my ppa, but no one with an nvidia card ever let me know if it works: https://launchpad.net/~dtl131/+archive/catalysthacks
    I have managed to make ati/xvba work in vlc, though I have to repackage libva because the dependencies conflict with the stock libva.
    Yes, you are right. I tried Obzen's version in Natty and it was working good but in Mav it is just like the others. So maybe it is something else. In the mean time I am not upgrading VLC yet, seems that your version does work better even though it is a bit dated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12