Thread: Help setting up PyOpenGL in Ubuntu 11.04

Beans

Help setting up PyOpenGL in Ubuntu 11.04

I'm trying to set up openGL to use in python 3.2. I have set up PyQt4. When I'm running python3.2, I can type in the command
    Code:
    from PyQt4 import QtOpenGL
    , and it returns no errors. But I can't import OpenGL. I'm new to python, I still can't figure out where the modules are located. And I have no idea how to add modules. I've downloaded PyOpenGL-3.0.1, but I don't know what to do with it.

I have been searching through forums and tutorials all day trying to get this to work, but I can't find a comprehensive tutorial explaining how to set up PyOpenGL in Ubuntu anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Help setting up PyOpenGL in Ubuntu 11.04

Quote Originally Posted by neurobot View Post
    I'm trying to set up openGL to use in python 3.2. I have set up PyQt4. When I'm running python3.2, I can type in the command
    Code:
    from PyQt4 import QtOpenGL
    , and it returns no errors. But I can't import OpenGL. I'm new to python, I still can't figure out where the modules are located. And I have no idea how to add modules. I've downloaded PyOpenGL-3.0.1, but I don't know what to do with it.

I have been searching through forums and tutorials all day trying to get this to work, but I can't find a comprehensive tutorial explaining how to set up PyOpenGL in Ubuntu anywhere. Any help is appreciated.
    I am not familiar with PyQt4, but as far as installing PyOpenGL-3.0.1 (which I'm guessing you'll want for the shader convenience module), start here and see if this helps:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingEasyHowTo

I hope that helps!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Help setting up PyOpenGL in Ubuntu 11.04

I'm not sure if my last post was helpful at all. So I went and figured out how to install PyOpenGL-3.0.1 on my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS machine (I was planning on doing this anyway) and it's really much simpler than I thought, once I figured it out.

Check out this link. Again, I hope it is helpful!

http://ultraopengl.blogspot.com/2011...pengl-301.html