Thread: Python Plot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Python Plot

Any body knows what library is used for plotting the ubuntu system monitor cpu and memory usage? and if that available for python ?

if not, can you tell me whats the best to use with python and give me a link for a simple tutorial for that.

its that I am not sure which one to use specially that I have no experience in this.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Python Plot

I believe it uses cairo.
    There is a python module for it:
    http://cairographics.org/pycairo/
    Support 7z in default installs!!!: Click Here

How to use code blocks to post command output: Click Here
    Official Ubuntu Documentation

Beans
    Distro

Thanks .. but I couldn't understand it, and I didnt find any example like the one in the ubuntu system monitor I tried to download the source and understand it but no luck. I am not that much experienced in this as I am really new.

I tried Matplotlib but it takes alot of processing when the plotting is live. it really kills the laptop.

I would appreciate it if some one can make me a simple example specially with the one used in system monitor as it looks really good and takes no processing power at all.

Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I had to do some plotting last year in C, so I did some searching around. I ended up having to write my own library since I could not find anything that fit my application well. (I'm not sure whats available for python)

That being said: Cairo is not a plotting library per-se, but rather a drawing library which can be used to create plots, and if you're looking for a super simple application, it wouldn't be that difficult.

Beans
    Distro

I have read about Cairoplot .. but I dont know if this can be integrated with wx. I searched for example but did not find any.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I think wxWidgets has a plot class.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit