Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell 1355cnw printer drivers?

Beans

Dell 1355cnw printer drivers?

I'm trying to find a Dell 1355cnw printer driver that will work with Zorin OS 4 system. I searched the forums and there doesn't seem to be anyone else with this problem. Please HELP!

Beans

Re: Dell 1355cnw printer drivers?

Did you ever get this problem resolved? Just got this printer too and would like to know what the right drivers are to install for it.

Beans

They seem to be based on this Xerox print engine:

http://www.action-intell.com/2011/02...-ea-eco-toner/

Beans

I was wondering if there is any progression on the subject? I also have a Dell 1355cnw and want to use it in Ubuntu. It now is attached to a network. Tried to experiment with the .ppd file for mac, but without success...

Best,

H

Beans

Same here. My company bought a 1355 cnw and I'm the only one using Ubuntu... Try some drivers with no success.

Beans

Cool Re: Dell 1355cnw printer drivers?

I also have this problem. I have been on many forums and there nothing about 1355cnw - it is just not listed

Beans

As Linux driver for Dell 1355cnw the one for Xerox WorkCentre 6015N can be used
    Dell does not provide Linux drivers for the Dell 1355cnw (even if there were some available!).
    But as the 1355cnw is almost a clone of the Xerox WorkCentre 6015N the Xerox drivers can be used.
    See:
    http://www.support.xerox.com/support...ileLanguage=en

For x64 systems there is a problem with the drivers but also a HowTo fix it ....
    http://www.bertol.de/tiki-index.php?...ontent&no_bl=y

Beans

Thanks for the info in this thread. I have this printer working .. almost.

My colours are waaay off. In the ubuntu test page, the magenta is a muddy red, the green is very washed out, yellow is slightly orangey, cyan is very blue and the ubuntu logo orange comes out as a pink-like colour. Printing photos makes them look as though they have been put through a cheesy 'alien vision' style filter.

I've managed to get hold of a Windows box to test and the colours in a test page on there print fine so it is something to do with these drivers.

Does anyone have any clue to how to diagnose (or fix) this problem?

TIA

Update:

I've done some digging and managed to find a PPD file for the printer (part of the Mac driver). Things are now slightly different. The red is noticably better and the blue, green and cyan look about right. The Yellow is much more the right colour but looks like it has thin dark stripes running through it. The blacK circle is grey and the ubuntu logo has changed from pink to a greeny-yellow.
    Last edited by datajack; October 12th, 2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Progress Update

Beans

After spending hours playing with colour profiles I have realised I'm barking up the wrong tree and that there is something more fundamental awry.

I printed the colour wheel at http://gardenerstips.co.uk/blog/tips/colourful-tips/. When printed it looks a complete mess, see attached file. When printing from Windows it looks fine.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I have got to the bottom of the problem, well nearly.

The problem exists in 12.04 but not in 11.10. I'm not sure exactly what change causes the issue, or even really how to diagnose it, but I'm happy I have a working printer now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast