Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell 1355cnw printer drivers?

Re: Dell 1355cnw printer drivers?

I've just bought this printer and I'm having bizarre colour issues as other have mentioned. I've tried reverting to 11.10 ( cups 1.50-8 ) but it's still not solving it for me.

Datajack - which driver are you using (the Xerox 6015N?) and can you shed any more light on the way your system is set-up (AppSocket?) and does the test page work perfectly?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by phill; November 20th, 2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Smilie appeared by accident!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    Datajack - which driver are you using (the Xerox 6015N?) and can you shed any more light on the way your system is set-up (AppSocket?) and does the test page work perfectly?

I didn't do anything special, just threw together a VM of 11.10 to see if it would work and it did.

I am using the Xerox drivers and am connecting to the printer via a socket. I have the printer configured with a static IP address and it has an entry in my local DNS. Here's my printers.conf, in case it will help ...

-----
    # Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.5.0
    # Written by cupsd
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE WHEN CUPSD IS RUNNING
    <Printer DellLaser>
    UUID urn:uuid:e1e806df-2b78-3ead-7e4a-dde4211f6238
    Info Dell 1355cnw Color MFP
    Location Office Room
    MakeModel Xerox WorkCentre 6015N v1.0
    DeviceURI socket://dell1355cnw.localnet
    State Idle
    StateTime 1352927411
    Reason media-empty-warning
    Reason toner-low-report
    Type 4300
    Accepting Yes
    Shared Yes
    JobSheets none none
    QuotaPeriod 0
    PageLimit 0
    KLimit 0
    OpPolicy default
    ErrorPolicy retry-job
    Attribute marker-colors \#00FFFF,#FF00FF,#FFFF00,#000000
    Attribute marker-levels 69,74,72,8
    Attribute marker-names Cyan Cartridge,Magenta Cartridge,Yellow Cartridge,Black Cartridge
    Attribute marker-types toner,toner,toner,toner
    Attribute marker-change-time 1352927410
    </Printer>

----

A lot of the attributes are just status information about the printer so will be different on your system - I really need to get around replacing the black toner!

I'm running a 64bit system and installed all the 32bit compatibility libraries to make the Xerox driver work. Other than that I really didn't do anything special. Yes the test page works fine.

If you are really stuck I can give you a copy of the VM disk image. You'll have to be desperate though as it is 1.5GB and my upload rate is low to say the least.
    Last edited by datajack; November 20th, 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer about the test page.

That's really helpful - thanks so much!

I did not think about a VM - for some reason I've had issues with putting the live CD onto a USB but the VM was so much easier!

Ran it, installed the 32bit xerox deb and printed all colours perfectly as expected. This means worst case I can run that when I need to print in colour, however it has also given me a full list of debs installed (just dpkg -l) which I'm going to manually compare to the downgraded ones I have in 12.04 (and most printing related ones rolled back to 11.10). When I find a what is the cause I'll post it here and to the bug on launchpad.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ps/+bug/984424

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I hope you can get your Dell working with the Xerox driver. But as far as I know this driver only partially works even on Xerox WorkCentre 6015 printers. On my 6015 printer the deb package works to get the 6015 printing (and the colors are fine), but the scanner doesn't work. Still I guess if you can get your Dell printing properly, even if it doesn't scan, that's better than what you had.

Beans

DataJack, you said you had found the PPD file.
    I binned the mac disc a long time ago, can you email it to me

Arielxgbarton@gmail.com

I would like to try to use it
    Last edited by Arielxgbarton; January 29th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Beans

This probabaly is a stupid idea, but I am going to try Windows disc + Wine.

Beans

please try the latest version from http://foo2hbpl.rkkda.com/
    it has support for the Xerox Workspace 6015 and the Dell 1355.
    Last edited by niendo; March 3rd, 2013 at 06:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12