Thread: Help with LibreOffice formatting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Help with LibreOffice formatting

Hey all,

I'm using LibreOffice Impress to open up a PowerPoint Presentation, but the presentation's format isn't being kept. Some words and running off the slides and it's printing like that, cutting off some words halfway. How can I fix this? Please help!
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Help with LibreOffice formatting

Powerpoint and libreoffice don't co-operate nicely. I've never heard of anyone getting it to work.

If you don't need to edit your presentation on Ubuntu it's best to export it from powerpoint to pdf. Nowadays pdf even supports fancy animations, although I don't know whether powerpoint can export them and which pdf readers (except from adobe's one) can read them. Probably none.

Beans
    Distro

Is there another program I can use instead of LibreOffice then?
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

As far as I know, only Microsoft's Powerpoint can open Powerpoint presentations properly, and it doesn't run in wine. So you either have to keep windows as dual boot or virtual machine, or stop using powerpoint presentations. I've opted for the latter. I never liked powerpoint anyway. But then again, I didn't have an archive of presentations I liked to keep.

BTW, LibreOffice does run on Windows and is free, contrary to the awfully expensive Microsoft Office, so if you need to share presentations with Windows people the easiest (and cheapest) solution is to all use LibreOffice .

Beans
    Distro

I wish it were that easy, but all my professors use PowerPoint. I guess I will have to keep Windows around.
    Question Everything