Thread: Ubuntu Sapphire HD6670

Beans

Ubuntu Sapphire HD6670

I just installed Ubuntu 10.04 64 Bit on my friend's PC and he has an ATI Sapphire HD6670 Graphics Card. I installed the AMD Propietary drivers to the system and on the bottom right of the computer screen it now has a square box that says AMD Unsupported Hardware. The box does not show up on a screenshot so I cannot attach a screenshot as well. Does anyone know what would cause this? By enabling the AMD drivers I do have full acceleration support allowing for Compiz, but the little box to the bottom right could easily be one of the most annoying things I've ever seen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

**EDIT**
    I also just noticed that brightness seems to be fading in and out from time to time. I'm assuming the two are related, so hopefully someone knows why.
    Last edited by doxramos; January 27th, 2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Added Information

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Sapphire HD6670

10.04 is old, so the version of fglrx that comes with it is probably older than the video card. You should install a newer version of fglrx (if not a newer version of Ubuntu). http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...ivers_manually