Thread: Help needed with PCSX2 plugins problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Help needed with PCSX2 plugins problem

HI, first post on here im pretty green when it comes to ubuntu

Anyways Ive been trying to install PCSX2 in Ubuntu 11.04 (32 bit) and i have run into some problems. Ive been following the directions from this video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-l_U0hk0d4) but i ran into problems when attempting to install from both the synaptic package manager and the Ubuntu software center.

the message from synaptic package manager was:

could not mark all packages for instillation or upgrade, the following packages have unresolvable dependencies. make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences.
    pcsx2:
    depends: pcsx2-plugins but it is not going to be installed

the message from the software center was "Package dependencies cannot be resolved" then in the details section it said;

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    pcsx2: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but 1:4.5.2-8ubuntu4 is to be installed
    Depends: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4) but 1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3ubuntu3 is to be installed
    Depends: pcsx2-data (>= 1:0.9.8.0-0ubuntu1) but 1:0.9.8.0-0ubuntu1 is to be installed
    Depends: pcsx2-plugins (>= 1:0.9.8.0-0ubuntu1) but 1:0.9.8.0-0ubuntu1 is to be installed

I thought i already had installed the dependencies using these codes

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    am i missing something?

any help would be greatly appreciated. the most frustrating part is the youtube video made it look so easy but this has taken me hours of searching around for solutions already.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Help needed with PCSX2 plugins problem

You and me both.

Beans
    Distro

I figured out what to do to fix this...... with a little help from this french ubuntu forum http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=4575801

Step 1: was to add this different repository set with this

Code:
     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:micove/console
    then update it

Code:
     sudo apt-get update
    Step 2: open synaptic package manager and remove the ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa repository from the repositories by clicking the settings tab and then clicking the repositories box.

Step 3: search pcsx2 add it and boom pcsx2 seemingly in working condition.

Apparently the original repository used was creating the problem. also note that removing the gregory-hainaut one was necessary because the repositories were conflicting or something or other.

Anyways hopes this works for you M3TAZ3R0. It worked for me

Cheers

Beans

Much appreciate!!

I'm in a 64bit environment and I chrooted only to play pcsx2... a pain in the ***... It seems that this ppa works even in 64bits (I installed remotelly, when I'll arrive home I'll try)

Its' strange that gregory doesn't metioned in the pcsx2 forums... lot of time lost by trying to make work his build when micove's one install like a charm.

Thank you very much!

Beans

But it seems that ppa only release for ubuntu precise, I add it on my lucid then it's not updated pcsx2 package, It's ignored