Thread: How to setup XXXXXX@ymail.com in evolution

Beans

How to setup XXXXXX@ymail.com in evolution

hai Ubuntu Experts...

Can anybody teach me step by step, how to setup XXXXXXX@ymail.com in Evolution..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How to setup XXXXXX@ymail.com in evolution

I don't think it's possible, unless you have Yahoo Mail Plus. If you do, the settings in this other forum post should work.

I hope that helps!

Beans

Okay, the other post say it is impossible without having Yahoo mail plus. This is not true. To set up a @ymail account in Evolution all you have to do is set it up the same way as a @yahoo account except for one key difference: you add @ymail.com to both user name entries. That's it, and it will work. Your Welcome. I seem to be the first one to figure that out lol.

Edit: And when I mean the same way as the regular @yahoo account setup I mean this: http://askubuntu.com/questions/20075...with-evolution
    Last edited by PyroSamurai; May 6th, 2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Clarification

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSamurai View Post
    Okay, the other post say it is impossible without having Yahoo mail plus. This is not true. To set up a @ymail account in Evolution all you have to do is set it up the same way as a @yahoo account except for one key difference: you add @ymail.com to both user name entries. That's it, and it will work. Your Welcome. I seem to be the first one to figure that out lol.

Edit: And when I mean the same way as the regular @yahoo account setup I mean this: http://askubuntu.com/questions/20075...with-evolution
    Thread closed, necromancy.
    Getting ymail/yahoo to work with pop3 or imap works for some people, not for others. Having Yahoo Mail Plus is only part of the picture.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.