Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony offers free playstation games

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Sony offers free playstation games

so i came home yesterday and my brother told me that since the playstation network was down for so long sony decided to give every ps3 owner (at least thats what i heard) 2 free games (from a few selected titles). i got Wipeout HD (HIGHLY recommended) and Dead Nation (havent tried yet). other games that i heard were offered were inFamous and Little Big Planet. I think it was a good move on sony's part to make up (partially, at least) for the damage done by Anonymous (the hacker group responsible for the attack).
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Sony offers free playstation games

I like how they gave away games that pretty much every PS3 owner already owns that are going for $20 new in a store. The only thing I downloaded was the Dead Nations, and my PSP is modded so there was no point to the PSP games.

Also, Qriocity sucks. Aren't they giving out a free movie also? Oh yay I get the month of PS+ I missed from the month or so the network was down.

Sony sucks with apologies, and considering they made one of the worst ones in history, you't think they'd be a little more generous.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I kinda own the title they are giving away.. so awesome.. and already a PS+ customer... I rather Sony give me Batman: Arkam City...
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Any expiration date on the offer? I won't be back to my PS3 until Thursday at the earliest.. might pick up the free titles
    Ubuntu 12.04 for personal use
    Solaris 9, 10 and Red Hat Ent 5 @ work

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by sectshun8 View Post
    Any expiration date on the offer? I won't be back to my PS3 until Thursday at the earliest.. might pick up the free titles
    i dont really know. i imagine a week at the very least.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sectshun8 View Post
    http://www.1up.com/news/welcome-back...e-game-choices
    In order to qualify for this content, you'll need to have had a PSN account as of April 20, when the service went down. Once the deal goes live, you'll have 30 days to download your games from the PlayStation Store.
    While the post was up, it showed that users will get to select two of the following PS3 games: LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, Wipeout HD/Fury, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, and Dead Nation. Those with PSP accounts will also be able to select two of the following: LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, Pursuit Force, and Killzone Liberation. (Germany will have a different selection for both platforms that removes the more violent games.)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...north-america/

Beans

Yep, I got all 4 games (used my PSN for two of them, my brother's for the other two lol), good deal for me EDIT: Wait, there's five, but I already have LBP on a disc.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'd prefer a promise to never again sue homebrew hackers like geohot and to work transparently and effectively on fixing their obvious security deficiencies... but I realize that is never going to happen.

For now I predict they will continue their security by lawyer fail journey and watch as their servers crumble under the deluge of attacks they have so far failed to defend against.
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeuser View Post
    I'd prefer a promise to never again sue homebrew hackers like geohot and to work transparently and effectively on fixing their obvious security deficiencies... but I realize that is never going to happen.

For now I predict they will continue their security by lawyer fail journey and watch as their servers crumble under the deluge of attacks they have so far failed to defend against.
    Not to mention that most PSN users probably had credit card info and all manner of stuff stolen- but yeah, free games, whoo.
    I had to do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeuser View Post

Sony kept everyone's information in plain text, I doubt they'd do anything intelligible to improve their image at this point. They haven't been making the brightest decisions these past few years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast