Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winbuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Winbuntu!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC19 View Post
    Thanks for defending our project, your kindness is greatly appreciated. Actually Mabuntux was the inspiration for this project. Here's their website: http://www.mabuntux.tk/
    And they're lifting Apple intellectual property too...

Surprise, surprise.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

What is the point of this... people use Linux to get away from Windows
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKingpin View Post
    What is the point of this... people use Linux to get away from Windows
    Hmmm... Maybe some people cant afford Windows 7? Maybe some people want the benefits of Linux with the aesthetics of Windows 7? Just a thought.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperSteve View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe some people cant afford Windows 7? Maybe some people want the benefits of Linux with the aesthetics of Windows 7? Just a thought.
    Exactly. Thank you.
    “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I can see why people would go for this. Windows 7 is pretty shiny and nice to look at, while Ubuntu under the hood's always good news. Mind you imo customised Ubuntu is a damn sight nicer to look at than Win 7, plus you get the bonus of it still looking like Ubuntu!
    "Ubuntu speaks of the very essence of being human. It is to say, 'My humanity is caught up, is inextricably bound up, in yours.'" - Rev. Dr. Desmond Tutu.

Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] (Here's how)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC19 View Post
    Hey guys, we just started a new project, called Winbuntu. You can check it out at winbuntu.co.cc. Please feel free to comment and give feedback, positive or negative.
    It tells me to set up the domain in 48 hours or registration will be cancelled.

Are you having probs with the web-page?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    It tells me to set up the domain in 48 hours or registration will be cancelled.

Are you having probs with the web-page?
    No, I just took it down, we got concerned that MicroSoft would take legal action, I'll PM you aa download link if you want.
    We are however working on a main project called PowerOn Linux, and if you have any web design experience and would like to help you can let me know.
    “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Its pretty easy to make your desktop look like any thing you want without needing another distro heres Linux Mint Debian I got one account set up like Win7 just for if company comes and wants to use it so they wont feel lost!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is Linux. It gives you a cute mascot and enough rope to hang yourself!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer1240 View Post
    Its pretty easy to make your desktop look like any thing you want without needing another distro heres Linux Mint Debian I got one account set up like Win7 just for if company comes and wants to use it so they wont feel lost!
    Nice desktop. Looks great. But as I said earlier this was just a test I was doing and decided to release it. Theres even a one-click Win se7en transformation pack out there, which is pretty cool. Btw, where'd you get the wallpaper?
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just google windows7wallpaper click on images on the left side it will pop up
    This is Linux. It gives you a cute mascot and enough rope to hang yourself!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast