Hi, I would like to say thank you for a great desktop and thank you for including it in Ubuntu.

To start this thread I would like to see the default browser be changed in Lubuntu, I have an old Compaq Armada M300 PIII 600 mhz that I boot to LXDE in (it is faster than the default Lubuntu desktop and less reasources).

Because the laptop is so low spec I notice the difference easy in programs that I wouldn,t normally notice compared to my desktop. On this lappy chromium takes forever to open and even loger to be ready to use, it fills the processor monitor at the bottom of the desktop entirely and then it takes a bit before I can type anything in it. It takes a minute and a half to four minutes to be able to surf.

Epiphany takes a fraction of the time and a lot less reasources to use. Epiphany uses about 5 lines in the processor monitor (about one fith) and it is ready to go. It it full featured like chromeium or firefox or close enough anyway, it has plugins like firefox for basic needs and I feel it is a way better choice for default browser than chromium or firefox for a light weight DE. I hate that you cant uninstall chromium without uninstalling lubuntu-desktop at the same time.

Another thing about Epiphany is that I can play flash on this ancient lappy and it plays smooth, In chromium, I got impatient for it to open and then to play flash was just unbearable and choppy. I wasn't expecting flash to play at all on this lappy, but if it can do it great, besides I need more distractions from my massage therapy classes lol.