Thread: Disabling USB Auto-suspend?

Beans

Disabling USB Auto-suspend?

Hello,

I foolishly disregarded the inner me telling me to check on the Internet before configuring anything and enabled the USB auto-suspend Powertop recommends. Now my mouse needs to be clicked once before being deemed active by my computer. Apparently I can configure it by editing something in this directory /sys/class/usb/device/*/device/power/level (according to this) but I can't find that directory. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks
    Last edited by aquarys; June 3rd, 2011 at 01:17 AM.

Beans

Re: Disabling USB Auto-suspend?

same problem here

Beans

Same thing. Bumping

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by Sorseg View Post
    Same thing. Bumping
    Did it too... it said non-input devices but I shoud've checked more. It should be not so hard to turn autosuspend off again. Just don't know how yet, googling in process.

edit: The correct path seems to be:
    Code:
    /sys/bus/usb/devices/yourdevice
    where your device is in my case usb4, depends on the bus the mouse is connected to. then tere is the power folder and the level file. however it is read-only for all users, even for root. so echoing stuff to that file does not work. Strange enough the mouse seems to behave normal again, but I haven't changed anything.
    Last edited by Erik1984; July 13th, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg
    formerly 'known' as Euroman