Thread: ThinkPad X41 Docking Station issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

ThinkPad X41 Docking Station issues

I have Ubuntu 10.10 Meerkat on my ThinkPad X41 (tablet, not sure if it matters for this issue).

The docking station works fine when I boot up with it already connected. There's also no trouble disconnecting if I shut down first, disconnect, then reboot. However, if the laptop is on while either connecting or disconnecting the laptop, the display completely shuts off, and nothing short of a hard restart can fix the issue. Well, I'm not sure a hard restart is necessary, but with the display off I can't manage anything else. On Windows (I'm dual booting) hot-plugging into and out of the docking station is no problem, which makes me think maybe there's a driver or fix out there somewhere.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas of solutions or places to look?

Beans

Re: ThinkPad X41 Docking Station issues

Hi,

I am using T410 with docking station and the same problem here...would love to know, how to switch back to the laptop screen without restart when I get my laptop off the docking

Greetings,
    domi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: ThinkPad X41 Docking Station issues

Hi dohomi,

You probably need to do something similar to what apos does in post # 51 with his T61: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1076486&page=6