View Poll Results: Age of people who LIKE Unity!

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • 00-20

41 26.11%
  • 21-30

45 28.66%
  • 31-40

29 18.47%
  • 41-50

8 5.10%
  • 51-60

18 11.46%
  • 61-70

10 6.37%
  • 71-80

1 0.64%
  • > than the hills

5 3.18%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the age of people who LIKE UNITY?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb What is the age of people who LIKE UNITY?

It has been suggested that the new Unity interface is supposed to be targeted to a younger crowd which has grown up using various devices and almost live by their phone and texting.

I'm curious if there is a correlation between age and the people who LIKE Unity.

If you do not like Unity, do not answer the poll. I created a sister-thread for those that do not like Unity.

I'm curious to see if there is a pattern here or not.

Also, put down any particular features you like about Unity which may not have been present in Gnome 2.

If you don't use Unity, you can answer based on your experience with Gnome 3.

Remember, this poll is only for people who LIKE Unity!
    Last edited by Dragonbite; June 2nd, 2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: link to sister thread
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: What is the age of people who LIKE UNITY?

I like to to able to use the windows key.
    I like the way i can change and see the applications and desktops on the screen.
    For the rest I just added the terminal to the bar.
    I like unity, gnome and xfce

Beans

I also like being able to use the windows key and type the first 3 or 4 letters of the programme I want and hitting Enter.

I also keep my most used progs on the Launcher such as Terminal, Chromium, Writer, Thunderbird and Tomboy.

It's taken me the guts of a month to get back up to a similar level of comfort as Gnome, but I can honestly say I like Unity now.
    Can't think of anything profound or witty.
    My Blog: http://gonzothegeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I like the idea of Unity and its design. However, I don't like when it doesn't function correctly - like when the dock doesn't auto-hide at random. Anyway, I think Unity is a great step forward but it shouldn't be at the cost of stability.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I know I am in a minority, and Gnome is still good, but I am really liking Unity. Moving from application to application to look at or copy data is easier; with Unity, I just don't get confused. The only thing I have really missed is an applet to force close a misbehaving application. It is probably there, but I haven't found it. Love Unity.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I can reach my most used applications with out touching a menu and without plastering the panel with shortcuts.

No need to install a dock or global menu ppa anymore . Adding a system settings icon to the panel eliminates the need for the menus that included those items. Dash comes in handy at times and also I have not seen any of the problems reported in the help forums.

I used a dock for a year and liked it , if a person disliked or never used a dock they may dislike Unity and that is understandable.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cloyd View Post
    I know I am in a minority, and Gnome is still good, but I am really liking Unity. Moving from application to application to look at or copy data is easier; with Unity, I just don't get confused. The only thing I have really missed is an applet to force close a misbehaving application. It is probably there, but I haven't found it. Love Unity.
    You can also run "top," look for the PID of the bad process and kill it. You can even hit 'k' while top is running in the terminal and just type the PID (but be careful not to kill the wrong process).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    I'm curious if there is a correlation between age and the people who LIKE Unity. If you do not like Unity, do not answer the poll. I created a sister-thread for those that do not like Unity.
    You'll need results of these two polls and the overall age distribution on the forums to look for things like "younger people who like Unity are more enthusiastic about responding". Of course, the mere fact of hanging on the forums makes the sample hugely biased to start with

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Auto hidden panels as I had before Unity. Same contents.

Only thing missing is the Parcellite pictograph for quick access to any of last 25 or so clipboard entries. Using a notes file until it catches up with Natty.

(You need a total user population age analysis as well to derive anything meaningful from the stats)
    Intelligence - that which leads to harmony

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cpmman View Post
    Auto hidden panels as I had before Unity. Same contents.

Only thing missing is the Parcellite pictograph for quick access to any of last 25 or so clipboard entries. Using a notes file until it catches up with Natty.

(You need a total user population age analysis as well to derive anything meaningful from the stats)
    I'm using the Pastie PPA which includes a panel short cut.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast