Thread: Hello, and Kodak Printer help?

Beans

Hello, and Kodak Printer help?

Hello, I'm new here,

After much annoyance with an old PC running Windows XP, I today decided to install Ubuntu and remove XP, how exciting.

The pc seems a bit happier so far, however the first job for me was to install my wireless printer, a Kodak 5210 all in one jobby.

After much googling it turns out I may have made a grave error, as there doesn't seem to be much love between Kodak and Linux?

I am not going to be getting a different printer, I can access it from my windows Laptop, but I wondered if there was some way to get my PC to work with it?

I read about a file I could use, and downloaded it, but I have no idea how to install software on this OS lol! whenever I click on the file it opens the Software Centre which then duly crashes.

The file I think was for a more basic Kodak printer, but it has been said that it may work for mine....

I am totally new to this and it seems it may be a very steep learning curve, from all the new terminology I seem to be running into already, thanks for your time, and any advice!

Beans

Re: Hello, and Kodak Printer help?

If you tell us what the file is and where you got it someone can probably advise you about what needs to be done.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Hello, and Kodak Printer help?

Not sure which file you downloaded, but this one has been reported to work with a 5210. All you should have to do is double click it. It should open the Software Center and allow you to install.

I know you said that the Software Center crashes every time you try to open the file you downloaded before. Hopefully you'll have better luck with this one (assuming it is different than the one you have already).

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...mirror=surfnet