Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question cron not running?

I have the following set up in my crontab:

Code:
    # crontab -l
    # m h  dom mon dow   command
    */5 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl/managed_arp_data.pl >> /var/log/arpdb.log
    */5 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl/infoblox_fixed_sync.pl >> /var/log/crossref.log
    00 23 * * * /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl/infoblox_host_sync.pl >> /var/log/host_sync.log
    0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl/infoblox_excl_sync.pl >> /var/log/excl_sync.log
    None of these jobs is apparently running, however they did run on the 31st (yesterday), but not on the 30th or any other day during the last 10 days that I have logs for. I think I've set cron to run at log level 1, but I don't know where that log goes, I don't see anything like /var/log/cron

So, couple questions:

* If I do something like "sudo -s" to get a root prompt and then do a "crontab -e", which user does that crontab get executed as?

* Where should I look for cron logs?

* Anyone know why a job would run on the 31st, but not any other day?
    --scott
    Gimparoo!

Beans

Re: cron not running?

fella you've been super unlucky, I reckon, and just happened to set your `crontab` up the day before one of Ubuntu's bigger ****-ups of recent times https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/na...am/+bug/790538

perform a full `apt-get update && apt-get upgrade` and/or restart the cron-daemon, and you should be good to go