Thread: Diablo 2 w/Wine, Battle.net issue

Beans

Angry Diablo 2 w/Wine, Battle.net issue

So in a fit of nostalgia, I decided to play D2. Got a key, downloaded the installer from battle.net, and everything went smooth.

I decided to connect to battle.net for some co-op and logged in. So far so good. It loaded up chats, loaded up available games. I was very pleased. And then when I went to join a game, I crashed. Fatal error. Tried a few more times, failed, and I started googling answers. 2 day and nothing.

So I have come before the great masters of all that is Linux and hope someone knows the fix for this. Thanks in advance. Anything you need to know to help, just ask. I am new to Linux, have had Maverick for maybe 2 months now, so try to use small words. (:

Beans

Re: Diablo 2 w/Wine, Battle.net issue

I should also note I use a virtual desktop, and D2 works perfect in single player mode.

Beans

What wine version?, what operating system?

Run exe from terminal, then post debug output after game crashes:
    (if using prefixes):
    > export WINEPREFIX=<path_to_wine_folder>
    then:
    > wine <path_to_exe>

Beans

Well, I'm using Maverick w/Wine 1.2.something. I have no clue what you said after that though. I understand using command prompt, but the rest...idk. Either way, I decided to just dual boot Windoze for gaming purposes. I hate to do that, but I have a key and disc, so I may as well use it. Thanks anyhow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Can you please tell me how the hell you installed it in the first place?

I'm trying with WINE, works perfectly fine until it tells me to insert the 2nd disc, I insert it, click next and will not recognize it!