Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Beans

HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Attached is my mozpluggerrc which can now play embeded movie streams using totem-xine.

Things to know:
    - I did this on Hoary so I'm not sure if it will work on Warty (because of the mozplugger version change)
    - You need totem-xine and mozplugger (in universe). You'll also need w32codecs if you want to stream anything using a proprietary codec.
    - I set up some audio stream capabilities but I haven't tested it yet (I never listen to embeded audio streams). If you can test this, please do and report any success or failure.
    - Remove the .txt file extension and place as /etc/mozpluggerrc.
    - You'll need to remove ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat for mozplugger to recognize the configuration changes.

Have fun.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nis
    Attached is my mozpluggerrc which can now play embeded movie streams using totem-xine.

Things to know:
    - I did this on Hoary so I'm not sure if it will work on Warty (because of the mozplugger version change)
    - You need totem-xine and mozplugger (in universe). You'll also need w32codecs if you want to stream anything using a proprietary codec.
    - I set up some audio stream capabilities but I haven't tested it yet (I never listen to embeded audio streams). If you can test this, please do and report any success or failure.
    - You'll need to remove ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat for mozplugger to recognize the configuration changes.

Have fun.
    i think this should go to the howto section. if you have no problems with that.
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Beans

Re: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

No problems at all.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

wow.. nice job.. if u had post this yesterday u could have saved from a loot of work.. anyway.. thanks a lot.

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

You my friend are a freakin genus, I have been trying to do this for weeks, how did you do it?

~Alan
    I was a World before I was a Man;
    I was a Beast before I could Stand;
    I will remember before I forget. BEFORE I FORGET! ~Slipknot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amoser
    You my friend are a freakin genus, I have been trying to do this for weeks, how did you do it?

~Alan
    I looked at the default mozpluggerrc and picked apart the mozplugger man page. Really I was just tired of waiting for the Totem mozilla plugin so I decided to try this route. The big thing was using --toggle-controls flag for Totem; without this the video kept coming out really small. In reality I'm just happy to contribute back to a community that has been really great.

Beans

In reality I'm just happy to contribute back to a community that has been really great.
    The community thanks you back, I have been waiting for something like this for along time. Now GNOME is on the same level as KDE (in this area)

~Alan
    I was a World before I was a Man;
    I was a Beast before I could Stand;
    I will remember before I forget. BEFORE I FORGET! ~Slipknot

Beans

Things to know:

Have fun.
    FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY my DELL LapTop plays Video/audio-streaming in Hoary. I just now listen to DK Radio, and it works just like the Mplayerplug-in i use to play it with in Warty!
    It's even more cool, because it shows nice effects in the "player address-window" when streaming audio.
    A BIG HUG FROM ME!!! My multi-media nightmare is over!!! THANKS for this great Work!!!
    Best regards

/madzzoni
    #ubuntu 5.04 + 5.10 & OS X 10.4 | Ubuntuguide in danish (DK) | myBLOG | My favorit book?... is my iBook G4!

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool.

You will receive a lot of kudos for this ... a lot .
    Last edited by bored2k; March 20th, 2005 at 01:07 AM.

Beans

Sweet! I'll give points for this!
    Linux user #383892

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast