Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

noobie version:

-open up synaptic
    -do a search for mozplugger. it should find a package called mozplugger. mark it for install if its checkbox is not filled in already
    -do a search for totem-xine. it should find a package called totem-xine. mark it for install if its checkbox is not filled in already
    -apply changes
    -download Nis's mozpluggerrc.txt. rename it in nautilus to just mozpluggerrc
    -open up a terminal, navigate to the directory mozpluggerrc is in, and input
    Code:
    sudo cp ./mozpluggerrc /etc/mozpluggerrc
    -open up your home directory in nautilus, show hidden files, open up the .mozilla directory, then the firefox directory, then delete pluginreg.dat

should be good to go

let me know if you need any further clarification

the only thing i dont understand is where to get the w32codecs from

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Muchacho_Gasolino : w32codecs you get from marillat

Beans

Here's something I think about when Mozplugger is to be used; Currently I'm using Ubuntu-geek's Auto Script which installed, among other things, Totem-xine . I like my video downloads to open in separate apps - in this case, Totem. In other installs, I have used Mplayer. In those systems, when I installed mozplugger, the stand-alone video viewer (Mplayer-Totem-Xine) was superceded by the plugin. Will this be the case here? For example: can I go to the Apple Trailer site and view their embedded film clips on my browser via the pluggin and also view other .mov files with Totem when it's called for? I don't want mozplugger to take over my viewing options. In other words, Totem opens and plays a clip when called upon and the pluggin plays a film clip in the browser when it's called to do so. Maybe I'm asking for too much. Is this a case of 'either/or' and not both? Anyway, let me know. Before I install this on my main Linux box, I'll give it a shot on my test box.

Muchacho_Gasolino, thanks for the clarification. I think I can work with this.
    LongTooth
    Houston, Texas

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by demon666_nl
    w32codecs you get from marillat
    i dont have any package called w32codecs in my repositories(AMD64) from marillat
    i looked through the lists on the unstable i386 repository on marillat's site and couldnt find the package there either

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Muchacho_Gasolino
    i dont have any package called w32codecs in my repositories(AMD64) from marillat
    i looked through the lists on the unstable i386 repository on marillat's site and couldnt find the package there either
    that's bad
    maybe it is or will be in hoary-extras (part of the backports project)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I just wanna say thanks for this too. Works nicely under Opera, except for the problem with viewing large trailers, as mentioned by others.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by LongTooth
    For those of us who are mentally challanged, could someone please put these instructions in a form a moron like me can follow? I've just installed Ubuntu on a test box and I'd like to try this out before I do the same to my main box. Thanks.
    thanks for saving me the time and stigma of asking this for this

Beans

You are my hero! Mplayer plugin is sooo bad. This works great. I can stream from audible.com and mlb.com! I can now watch my mlbtv package. I'm so close to getting rid of windows all together. I just need something to sync my ipod and download audible . Oh any pcAnywhere. I'll keep looking around. Again thanks for a great how-to.

Beans

macewan, always will to take a hit to get a procedure clarified. When I saw Nis' tip, I just couldn't figure it out.

And Muchacho_Gasolino, I have to thank you for the 'noobie' instructions.

To answer my last post, this does not seem to interfere with the stand-alone video player (Totem-xine). I was able to view inline and downloaded videos using both (browser-plugin & Totem as called for). This worked on my test box. Now to try it out on my main box.

And last but certainly not least, a big thanks to Nis.
    LongTooth
    Houston, Texas

Beans

As an after thought: Here's a site I use to test my system for everything. You'll see what I mean. http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html

Go to the bottom of the page. 'Testing Your Plugin'. "Plugger testing grounds". When you're there: Menu on left side. Go to the bottom. Click on 'More Mime-types from Linspire'. Test to your hearts desire.

And I did installed in on my main box. Great! I can now say my system is complete.
    LongTooth
    Houston, Texas

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast