Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Beans

Re: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

@jtfolden The toolbar background color is changed, yes, but only because the entire window background color is changed. It (currently) cannot be changed independently, per Bug 636523.

Beans

A Fedora packager asked me to clarify the license of Aldabra so that it could be packaged for the Fedora repositories. After some discussion, I decided to release Aldabra under the LGPLv2+, the same license used by Adwaita. If anyone has a problem with that, please let me know. I'm not an expert on licenses.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks for the information- I think that's the perfect license for it. It also gives the GNOME developers the future option of adopting it officially without bringing in much extra baggage.

Again, the hope would be that everyone migrates their applications to GTK 3 sooner than later to take advantage of it, but as well all know, there are still Qt3 applications flying around out there, so we'll see how things go.

Until then, this has been a pretty awesome gift to the community. Thank you again- I've honestly gotten a lot more curious about theming since this endeavor started.

Beans
    Distro

@ceramicn:

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting your theme into the Fedora repositories! I've been using it since it was released on both my desktop and laptop.

Beans

@murderslastcrow @kingofspades8 Thank you both for the kind words!

Beans
    Distro

Just so everyone knows, I found out why the window dragging doesn't work in Arch- it includes vanilla gtk2 which has no patches for this support by default. Fedora and Ubuntu seem to have these patches.

An AUR package for this functionality is in the works, though, if anyone reading this is an Archer. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=951944

Looks like this theme has been packaged by default in Fedora- pretty kickin'.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Angry I guess I am left in the trash after you hard beat me with Aldabra :(

I removed my rude stuff I posted before.

I cooled down somewhat as of now and I would kindly ask you do improve as much as you can in your theme so I can import all of this.

Edit: I killed Advaicium because there's no reason to do a theme that's so freaking far behind everything, I will admit. I think it's better to start off with a new theme, Ada X (first version will be 10.0 Shooting Star) and combine all ports into one.
    Last edited by maximo1010; November 5th, 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Plans for Ada X

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

(sudo rm -rf /dev/uforums/maximo1010/rudeposts/*.*)
    Last edited by maximo1010; November 5th, 2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: I was being rude

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Cool Re: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Congrats. I am going to have to catch up now *cries*
    Last edited by maximo1010; November 5th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mxt View Post
    In several applications (geany, tomboy, gedit-gtk2) the toolbar has no lower border. Advaicium solves this by adding a lower border to toolbar.png, and the result is pretty good IMHO.
    I just screenshotted the toolbar of it including the borders.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678