Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Beans

Re: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

I also asked the guys in #gnome-design (at GimpNet) whether they would be interested in taking your theme into upstream.
    They were very interested. I think you should really contact them.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
    I also asked the guys in #gnome-design (at GimpNet) whether they would be interested in taking your theme into upstream.
    They were very interested. I think you should really contact them.
    I saw further discussion of this on at least one of the mailing lists today, as well, with the suggestion it be brought upstream.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Oh, hopefully it can be fixed for Konversation. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue for any of the KDE applications I've installed- it would be nice to know what widget is used for the grey areas and narrow down which widget/color is being translated a bit closer.

So far as I know it should be possible to do a modification specific to a certain application. Anyway, despite the theme engine dependencies (very few and common, but still there), I would love to see this bundled in Gnome 3.2 if there are no other plans.

Beans

Ok, here's my to do list:
    • Fix buttons.
    • Look into the Firefox theme designed by Patrick Ulbrich (pulb) (discussed here).
    • Work on Unity panels, Konversation scrollbars and tabs, Banshee toolbars, Synaptic toolbar handles, Emacs scrollbars, and pgAdmin3 tabs.

Later today, I will ask about Banshee toolbars in #banshee (good idea, Venemo, thanks!), and I will ask about the plans for visual consistency in Gnome 3.2 in #gnome-design.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden
    I saw further discussion of this on at least one of the mailing lists today, as well, with the suggestion it be brought upstream.
    Do you remember which list? I'd like to read the thread, if you can find it again.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback and support. It's very encouraging!
    Last edited by ceramicm; June 2nd, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro

How come when I install it says it won't look as intended because 'Adwaita' is not installed? I tried installing Adwaita but wasn't successful...

Beans
    Distro

Ah, does the theme link to the current Adwaita GTK 3, now? That may be why, but I remember it including an independent GTK 3 when I last checked. Where did you try to install Adwaita from, exactly?

Beans
    Distro

Actually I couldn't find a link to the actual Adwaita, only Adwaita-improved. I remember finding one the other day on some Debian site but I can't find it now. Could you provide a link?

Beans
    Distro

Ok I found it:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat...86_64.rpm.html

However, it was in .rpm so I used alien to convert it and then installed once it was .deb. Maybe that wasn't the right way to go about it?

Beans

@kingofspades8, try Aldabra version (0.7) and please tell me if it solves your problem. I think the 0.6 series index.theme file had a bug.

The new version (0.7) corrects the index.theme file (there was an incorrect dependency on Adwaita), uses the official Adwaita checkboxes and radiobuttons, and removes the active tab underline. Also, if anyone is using the Firefox userChrome.css I linked to earlier, the line " background-image: url("file:///usr/share/themes/Aldabra/gtk-2.0/Assets/toolbar.png") !important;" should be changed to " background-image: url("file:///usr/share/themes/Aldabra/gtk-2.0/assets/toolbar.png") !important;"

@murderslastcrow, Aldabra still bundles Adwaita's GTK 3 files. Also, I had to upload the archive as a zip. The .tar was bigger than GNOME-look.org's upload size limit.
    Last edited by ceramicm; June 2nd, 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Ok I just installed 0.7 and now I'm getting a really baffling message:

"Aldabra won't work correctly because Aldabra is not installed"

I'm installing by just dragging and dropping the Aldabra folder into the appearance preferences themes tab, and it said installed succesfully.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast