Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Wow- Firefox is lookin' good! I haven't found many applications that seem to need any specific tweaks, but again, I could just have a really bad eye for what would use a change.

By the way, looks like you've 'earned some huge hero points' according to this post (at the end).

http://linuxart.com/log/archives/201...me-for-chrome/

Told you it'd catch on fast.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicm View Post
    I don't know of anything else besides buttons and app-specific tweaks. If anyone notices something that needs work, please comment.
    In several applications (geany, tomboy, gedit-gtk2) the toolbar has no lower border. Advaicium solves this by adding a lower border to toolbar.png, and the result is pretty good IMHO.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mxt
    In several applications (geany, tomboy, gedit-gtk2) the toolbar has no lower border. Advaicium solves this by adding a lower border to toolbar.png, and the result is pretty good IMHO.
    Thanks for pointing this out! I just uploaded a new version (0.6.1) that adds the lower border and also better applies checkboxes and radiobuttons.

Quote Originally Posted by murderslastcrow
    By the way, looks like you've 'earned some huge hero points' according to this post (at the end).

http://linuxart.com/log/archives/201...me-for-chrome/

Told you it'd catch on fast.
    Hah, that's really cool.

Now that the theme has stabilized somewhat, I'll probably ask in #gnome-design about the plan for visual consistency in GNOME 3.2. I skimmed the GNOME 3.2 Features Page, but didn't find anything relevant.

Beans

It seems that this theme looks broken in Qt applications.

Beans

If anyone notices something that needs work, please comment.
    The only applications I found were the toolbar looks pretty bad are eclipse and synaptic.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Venemo
    It seems that this theme looks broken in Qt applications.
    Can you give me a specific application or two to test? Which Qt apps are commonly used in GNOME?

Quote Originally Posted by mxt
    The only applications I found were the toolbar looks pretty bad are eclipse and synaptic.
    Ok, I'll look at them. Thanks.

Edit: New version (0.6.2) adds a gVim-specific fix.
    Last edited by ceramicm; June 1st, 2011 at 08:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Which Qt applications? Minitube, Minitunes, and VLC all look pretty accurate to me, but assuming you're using QGtkStyle for the theme compatibility, it may look distorted in any variety of applications I haven't tested (like any of the KDE applications).

It'd be good to have some target to more clearly see what's wrong, although it's not entirely possible for themers to control how QGtkStyle translates the theme.

Beans

This may have gotten lost in the other thread but I was wondering if it were possible at all to apply the toolbar background to Banshee?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden
    This may have gotten lost in the other thread but I was wondering if it were possible at all to apply the toolbar background to Banshee?
    I worked on this earlier today actually. I attached a screenshot showing my progress so far. Without getting too technical, Banshee uses custom widgets that make things difficult. I've looked at the Banshee source code and other themes, and--as far as I know--no one has perfected Banshee toolbar themeing yet.

The author of Zukitwo (one of the most popular GTK3 themes on GNOME-look) says this: (Source)
    Quote Originally Posted by lassekongo83
    Banshee doesn't seem to use a standard GtkToolbar. Every fix I've tried doesn't work.
    I'll keep trying, and I'll keep you updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Can you give me a specific application or two to test? Which Qt apps are commonly used in GNOME?
    I tend to use Konversation (the best IRC client ever) on my Gnome. Here is a screenshot: http://i52.tinypic.com/2hn46cw.png

At my first glance, the scrollbar looks very ugly (nowhere near how it should look), and the tab control is also a bit off. (And the edges of the tabs look quite ugly.)

Quote Originally Posted by murderslastcrow View Post
    Which Qt applications? Minitube, Minitunes, and VLC all look pretty accurate to me, but assuming you're using QGtkStyle for the theme compatibility, it may look distorted in any variety of applications I haven't tested (like any of the KDE applications).
    Yes, I do use QGtkStyle, and I've used it with a wide variety of Gtk themes, so I believe it would be possible to make it compatible.

Banshee uses custom widgets that make things difficult. I've looked at the Banshee source code and other themes, and--as far as I know--no one has perfected Banshee toolbar themeing yet.
    Banshee has an IRC channel on GimpNet - I think it would be worth to ask its authors for help.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast