Thread: Ubuntu on MacBook 2008?

Beans

Ubuntu on MacBook 2008?

My friend has a MacBook (2008 edition) and wants to use Ubuntu on it. He wants to either install it to a USB portable hard drive and boot it from that, or remove his windows XP partition (he uses BootCamp) and replace it with a Ubuntu partition (still using BootCamp, without touching his Mac OSX partition). Any idea how I can do this for him?
    Looking for a Terminal Emulator that's fun to use? Try out this program I wrote!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on MacBook 2008?

anyone?
    Looking for a Terminal Emulator that's fun to use? Try out this program I wrote!

Beans

bump....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by yanom View Post
    bump....
    lol Don't you hate it when people don't reply to your posts, it's very frustrating but I don't have a mac but this seems like a good guide. It's slightly outdated but It should work fine with Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.x whatever you prefer.

Beans

wait... what guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

oops I am so sorry I don't know how I missed posting the link but here: http://fosswire.com/post/2009/03/how...white-macbook/