Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Beans
    102
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    This fixed my ugly Plymouth splash.

    The official – stable nVIDIA graphics driver release 270.41.19 can now be installed in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and daily builds of 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot via PPA. This driver release has been added into X Updates PPA for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty and Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric few days before.
    There has been numerous bug fixes and stability enhancements for Linux environments. The major fixes are listed below :

    • Fixed a bug in the VDPAU presentation queue that could cause 1 second hangs when transitioning from blit-based display to overlay- based display. This would most commonly happen when disabling a compositing manager.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when capturing SDI video.
    • Fixed a corner-case in which the OpenGL driver could leak resources in applications utilizing fork().
    • Addressed a Linux kernel interface compatibility problem that could lead to ioremap() errors and, potentially, functional and/or stability problems.
    • Fixed a bug that caused SLI initialization to fail on some Intel based systems.
    • Fixed a bug that caused SLI initialization to fail when using recent Linux kernels, such as 2.6.38.

    To install nVIDIA Display Driver release 270.41.19 in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty or 11.10 Oneiric, open Terminal and run :
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
    After the installation restart the system to enable the driver.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    14,774
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT1985 View Post
    This fixed my ugly Plymouth splash.

    To install nVIDIA Display Driver release 270.41.19 in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty or 11.10 Oneiric, open Terminal and run :
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
    After the installation restart the system to enable the driver.
    Hi, is this driver for the 6150 series card?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Beans
    102
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, is this driver for the 6150 series card?
    Yep it does along with these .

    GeForce 500 series:
    GTX 590, GTX 580, GTX 570, GTX 560 Ti, GTX 550 Ti, GT 530, GT 520

    GeForce 500M series:
    GT 555M, GT 550M, GT 540M, GT 525M, GT 520M

    GeForce 400 series:
    GTX 480, GTX 470, GTX 465, GTX 460 SE, GTX 460, GTS 450, GT 440, GT 430, GT 420, 405

    GeForce 400M series:
    GTX 485M, GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M, GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT 420M, GT 415M

    GeForce 300 series:
    GT 340, GT 330, GT 320, 315, 310

    GeForce 300M series:
    GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 310M, 305M

    GeForce 200 series:
    GTX 295, GTX 285, GTX 280, GTX 275, GTX 260, GTS 250, GTS 240, GT 240, GT 230, GT 220, G210, 205

    GeForce 200M series:
    GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTX 260M, GTS 260M, GTS 250M, GT 240M, GT 230M, GT 220M, G210M

    GeForce 100 series:
    GT 140, GT 130, GT 120, G 100

    GeForce 100M series:
    GTS 160M, GTS 150M, GT 130M, GT 120M, G 110M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M

    GeForce 9 series:
    9800 GX2, 9800 GTX+, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9800 GT, 9650 S, 9600 GT, 9600 GSO 512, 9600 GSO, 9600 GS, 9500 GT, 9500 GS, 9400 GT, 9400, 9300 SE, 9300 GS, 9300 GE, 9300 / nForce 730i, 9300, 9200, 9100

    GeForce 9M series:
    9800M GTX, 9800M GTS, 9800M GT, 9800M GS, 9700M GTS, 9700M GT, 9650M GT, 9650M GS, 9600M GT, 9600M GS, 9500M GS, 9500M G, 9400M G, 9400M, 9300M GS, 9300M G, 9200M GS, 9100M G

    GeForce 8 series:
    8800 Ultra, 8800 GTX, 8800 GTS 512, 8800 GTS, 8800 GT, 8800 GS, 8600 GTS, 8600 GS, 8500 GT, 8400 SE, 8400 GS, 8400, 8300 GS, 8300, 8200, 8100 / nForce 720a

    GeForce 8M series:
    8800M GTX, 8800M GTS, 8700M GT, 8600M GT, 8600M GS, 8400M GT, 8400M GS, 8400M G, 8200M G

    GeForce 7 series:
    7950 GX2, 7950 GT, 7900 GTX, 7900 GT/GTO, 7900 GS, 7800 SLI, 7800 GTX, 7800 GT, 7800 GS, 7650 GS, 7600 LE, 7600 GT, 7600 GS, 7500 LE, 7350 LE, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7300 LE, 7300 GT, 7300 GS, 7150M /NVIDIA nForce 630M, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7100 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 / nForce 620i, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7000M /NVIDIA nForce 610M

    GeForce Go 7 series:
    Go 7950 GTX, Go 7900 GS, Go 7800 GTX, Go 7800, Go 7700, Go 7600 GT, Go 7600, Go 7400, Go 7300, Go 7200

    GeForce 6 series:
    6800 XT, 6800 XE, 6800 Ultra, 6800 LE, 6800 GT, 6800 GS, 6800, 6700 XL, 6610 XL, 6600 VE, 6600 LE, 6600 GT, 6600, 6500, 6250, 6200 TurboCache, 6200SE TurboCache, 6200 LE, 6200 A-LE, 6200, 6150SE nForce 430, 6150 LE, 6150, 6100 nForce 420, 6100 nForce 405, 6100 nForce 400, 6100

    NVS Series:
    NVS 300

    Quadro series:
    6000, 600, 5000, 4000, 400, 2000D, 2000

    Quadro FX series:
    FX Go1400, FX 5800, FX 580, FX 570, FX 5600, FX 560, FX 5500, FX 550, FX 540, FX 4800, FX 4700 X2, FX 4600, FX 4500 X2, FX 4500, FX 4000, FX 380 LP, FX 3800, FX 380, FX 370 Low Profile, FX 3700, FX 370, FX 3500, FX 350, FX 3450/4000 SDI, FX 3400/4400, FX 1800, FX 1700, FX 1500, FX 1400, CX

    Quadro Notebook series:
    5000M, 2000M, 1000M

    Quadro FX Notebook series:
    FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 560M, FX 540M, FX 380M, FX 3800M, FX 370M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 3600M, FX 350M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 2500M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M, FX 1600M, FX 1500M

    Quadro NVS series:
    NVS 450, NVS 440, NVS 420, NVS 295, NVS 290, NVS 285, NVS 210S / 6150LE

    Quadro NVS Notebook series:
    NVS 510M, NVS 4200M, NVS 320M, NVS 160M, NVS 150M, NVS 140M, NVS 135M, NVS 130M, NVS 120M, NVS 110M

    Quadro Plex series:
    Model IV, Model II, D Series, 7000

    Quadro G-Sync series:
    G-Sync II

    Quadro SDI series:
    Quadro SDI

    ION series:
    ION LE, ION

    C-Class Processors:
    Tesla C870, Tesla C2070, Tesla C2050, Tesla C1060, T10 Processor

    M-Class Processors:
    Tesla M2070-Q, Tesla M2070, Tesla M2050, Tesla M1060

    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/linux...driver-uk.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    14,774
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT1985 View Post
    Yep it does along with these .

    GeForce 500 series:
    GTX 590, GTX 580, GTX 570, GTX 560 Ti, GTX 550 Ti, GT 530, GT 520

    GeForce 500M series:
    GT 555M, GT 550M, GT 540M, GT 525M, GT 520M

    GeForce 400 series:
    GTX 480, GTX 470, GTX 465, GTX 460 SE, GTX 460, GTS 450, GT 440, GT 430, GT 420, 405

    GeForce 400M series:
    GTX 485M, GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M, GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT 420M, GT 415M

    GeForce 300 series:
    GT 340, GT 330, GT 320, 315, 310

    GeForce 300M series:
    GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 310M, 305M

    GeForce 200 series:
    GTX 295, GTX 285, GTX 280, GTX 275, GTX 260, GTS 250, GTS 240, GT 240, GT 230, GT 220, G210, 205

    GeForce 200M series:
    GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTX 260M, GTS 260M, GTS 250M, GT 240M, GT 230M, GT 220M, G210M

    GeForce 100 series:
    GT 140, GT 130, GT 120, G 100

    GeForce 100M series:
    GTS 160M, GTS 150M, GT 130M, GT 120M, G 110M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M

    GeForce 9 series:
    9800 GX2, 9800 GTX+, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9800 GT, 9650 S, 9600 GT, 9600 GSO 512, 9600 GSO, 9600 GS, 9500 GT, 9500 GS, 9400 GT, 9400, 9300 SE, 9300 GS, 9300 GE, 9300 / nForce 730i, 9300, 9200, 9100

    GeForce 9M series:
    9800M GTX, 9800M GTS, 9800M GT, 9800M GS, 9700M GTS, 9700M GT, 9650M GT, 9650M GS, 9600M GT, 9600M GS, 9500M GS, 9500M G, 9400M G, 9400M, 9300M GS, 9300M G, 9200M GS, 9100M G

    GeForce 8 series:
    8800 Ultra, 8800 GTX, 8800 GTS 512, 8800 GTS, 8800 GT, 8800 GS, 8600 GTS, 8600 GS, 8500 GT, 8400 SE, 8400 GS, 8400, 8300 GS, 8300, 8200, 8100 / nForce 720a

    GeForce 8M series:
    8800M GTX, 8800M GTS, 8700M GT, 8600M GT, 8600M GS, 8400M GT, 8400M GS, 8400M G, 8200M G

    GeForce 7 series:
    7950 GX2, 7950 GT, 7900 GTX, 7900 GT/GTO, 7900 GS, 7800 SLI, 7800 GTX, 7800 GT, 7800 GS, 7650 GS, 7600 LE, 7600 GT, 7600 GS, 7500 LE, 7350 LE, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7300 LE, 7300 GT, 7300 GS, 7150M /NVIDIA nForce 630M, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7100 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 / nForce 620i, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7000M /NVIDIA nForce 610M

    GeForce Go 7 series:
    Go 7950 GTX, Go 7900 GS, Go 7800 GTX, Go 7800, Go 7700, Go 7600 GT, Go 7600, Go 7400, Go 7300, Go 7200

    GeForce 6 series:
    6800 XT, 6800 XE, 6800 Ultra, 6800 LE, 6800 GT, 6800 GS, 6800, 6700 XL, 6610 XL, 6600 VE, 6600 LE, 6600 GT, 6600, 6500, 6250, 6200 TurboCache, 6200SE TurboCache, 6200 LE, 6200 A-LE, 6200, 6150SE nForce 430, 6150 LE, 6150, 6100 nForce 420, 6100 nForce 405, 6100 nForce 400, 6100

    NVS Series:
    NVS 300

    Quadro series:
    6000, 600, 5000, 4000, 400, 2000D, 2000

    Quadro FX series:
    FX Go1400, FX 5800, FX 580, FX 570, FX 5600, FX 560, FX 5500, FX 550, FX 540, FX 4800, FX 4700 X2, FX 4600, FX 4500 X2, FX 4500, FX 4000, FX 380 LP, FX 3800, FX 380, FX 370 Low Profile, FX 3700, FX 370, FX 3500, FX 350, FX 3450/4000 SDI, FX 3400/4400, FX 1800, FX 1700, FX 1500, FX 1400, CX

    Quadro Notebook series:
    5000M, 2000M, 1000M

    Quadro FX Notebook series:
    FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 560M, FX 540M, FX 380M, FX 3800M, FX 370M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 3600M, FX 350M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 2500M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M, FX 1600M, FX 1500M

    Quadro NVS series:
    NVS 450, NVS 440, NVS 420, NVS 295, NVS 290, NVS 285, NVS 210S / 6150LE

    Quadro NVS Notebook series:
    NVS 510M, NVS 4200M, NVS 320M, NVS 160M, NVS 150M, NVS 140M, NVS 135M, NVS 130M, NVS 120M, NVS 110M

    Quadro Plex series:
    Model IV, Model II, D Series, 7000

    Quadro G-Sync series:
    G-Sync II

    Quadro SDI series:
    Quadro SDI

    ION series:
    ION LE, ION

    C-Class Processors:
    Tesla C870, Tesla C2070, Tesla C2050, Tesla C1060, T10 Processor

    M-Class Processors:
    Tesla M2070-Q, Tesla M2070, Tesla M2050, Tesla M1060

    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/linux...driver-uk.html
    Hi, thank you I will give it a try.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Beans
    2,232

    Exclamation Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Damn! I installed this new driver and, for some reason, my window decorations went all goofy. This is on a Natty system that I just fresh installed, Saturday!

    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Beans
    102
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    Damn! I installed this new driver and, for some reason, my window decorations went all goofy. This is on a Natty system that I just fresh installed, Saturday!

    Tim
    Have you tried another theme to test? i'll see if theres a bug reported.

    edit: no bugs matching. have you tried checking Compiz?
    Last edited by DinoT1985; May 31st, 2011 at 02:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Beans
    2,232

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT1985 View Post
    Have you tried another theme to test? i'll see if theres a bug reported.

    edit: no bugs matching. have you tried checking Compiz?
    Yes, I did try changing the theme, but I saw no difference. I will try a more different theme and report back.

    What should I check in Compiz (and how)?

    Thanks,
    Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Beans
    2,232

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Changing themes does change the colors and some of the window borders and controls, but otherwise the main top bar and the buttons and stuff within application windows still have that vintage Windows NT look.

    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Beans
    2,232

    Exclamation Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    I installed compizconfig-settings-manager. I looked at it but did not change anything. There are so many things in it I don't know which way is up! It doesnt even fit on one page, and each selection may have several tabs of different things it controls.

    PS - I think I should open a new thread for this problem. I don't need to be messing up this thread. Thanks.

    Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    3,187

    Re: Latest official stable NVIDIA driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    Changing themes does change the colors and some of the window borders and controls, but otherwise the main top bar and the buttons and stuff within application windows still have that vintage Windows NT look.

    Tim
    What you see is the default Raleigh theme for GTK. It is the fallback if all else fails.

    To make a note: the latest official stable NVIDIA driver is the one in the repository (you install it with Additional Drivers and update it with the Update Manager). Nvidia may have released a new driver for Linux, but it is not stable for Ubuntu. Unofficial ppa drivers should be considered beta (although they can indeed fix important issues). Unless you had an issue with the official stable driver, you should just remove the driver, reboot, remove the ppa and reinstall the official stable driver.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •