Thread: Multiple screens with different output

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Multiple screens with different output

I have an old Dell laptop. I can already plug an external screen and the same output show on both screens.

I want to know if it's possible to show two different outputs on each screen.

Any guidance on this subject is really valued!

Thanks!
    In the past I built solutions looking through a Window. But now I see how big the world is.

Beans

Re: Multiple screens with different output

Shouldn't be a problem. Open up the monitor settings and untick show the same image in all monitors.

Beans

Yes it is possible, however the process is different depending if you have a Nvidia or Ati video card. Which make do you have ? Unfortunately I can only help if it's nvidia.
    For high-res minimalist and abstract wallpapers check out my Deviantart profile - http://hyperdude111.deviantart.com/

Beans
    Distro

Thanks a lot! I shall try it. I don't know how I missed it out. Somehow, I don't recall seeing this options earlier.

BTW, my laptop's graphics are:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)

And honestly, it hasn't been the best ever since version 7.x. but it serves my purpose

Thanks for both your answers!
    In the past I built solutions looking through a Window. But now I see how big the world is.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, now reality strikes !!!

First, thanks again for your answers earlier.

I now have a new problem. I DO see a checkbox that says "Same image in all monitors". Unfortunately, this textbox is disabled.

I guess it's the end of the road as far as a second monitor is concerned. Of course I CAN see the same image on both monitors.

It would be nice to hear any experiences on this matter.