Page 92 of 287 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

More update on Alerts!!!

That is where Darth Vader got his dress code from - a Samurai lol

Figured that Alerts are in groups - for example Tropical weather is a group for Tropical cyclones. We have 2 in the Indian Ocean 1 South and another North - which has expected land fall Tuesday at Kolkata, Bangladesh, Burma region - so they should be separate - so have a better code for that.

As you can see in the image - have now got the standard exclamation plus the number of alerts - but now you get the actual number.

For static WALERT still holds good - but there is also a way to show a Marquee type of scrolling list which shows all the Alert headings. The scrolling thing again only shows up if there are any alerts

I am studying my handy work for a few more days and then shebang - you will have it.

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    More update on Alerts!!!

That is where Darth Vader got his dress code from - a Samurai lol
    Bwahahaha! First LoL_of_the_day! Looks like the TSA dude, that just patted me down.

Everybody is looking at me like I'm crazy... Heh!

I'm sitting at the Las Vegas airport, right now. Not much else to laugh at, here in the security perimeter.

Anyway, thanks for that!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Bwahahaha! First LoL_of_the_day! Looks like the TSA dude, that just patted me down.
    Everybody is looking at me like I'm crazy... Heh!
    I'm sitting at the Las Vegas airport, right now. Not much else to laugh at, here in the security perimeter.
    Anyway, thanks for that!
    ha ha ha lol YESSSS i know how that feels - spent more than half my life in those areas damn and I recall in LA looong back they freaked out at my 110 220 power supply - I picked up a Panasonic dot matrix printer in the US while joining one of my ships in Mexico lol Buuaaahhahah They never had those lazers or ink jet those day.

YOU are Welcome !!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

No Way - you are not slow - we all have those WTF moments - some days more than others ha ha lol
    You shouldn't underestimate me paramvir or is it overestimate. Any how I finally see what you are talking about on the CONKYWX line itself. D'oh!

Here I was searching through files for "${hr}" and came up empty.
    But, I understand what you are talking about now. Here is what I changed:

Code:
    ##################################
    ##      CONKYWX WEATHER         ##
    #${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}CONKYWX${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}CONKYWX${color0}${if_empty ${exec echo [WALERT]}}${else}${offset 8}Alert:${offset 8}${color4}[WALERT]${endif}${color6}${offset 8}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    But, I must have not defined WALERT as I was supposed to as here is what the line looks like:

And it appears I have 2 warnings.

I am also getting this when I run it from terminal
    Argument "83M-BM-0" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewxdata.pl line 81.

I thought I had read where that was mentioned before but, I searched this thread and came up empty.

I have the most recent versions of conky and conkywx:
    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ apt-cache policy conky-all
    conky-all:
      Installed: 1.9.0-3
      Candidate: 1.9.0-3
    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ apt-cache policy conkywx
    conkywx:
      Installed: 0.9.1-1
      Candidate: 0.9.1-1
    Thanks for being so tolerant!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    You shouldn't underestimate me paramvir or is it overestimate. Any how I finally see what you are talking about on the CONKYWX line itself. D'oh!
    Thanks for being so tolerant!
    It is all a guesstimation boss lol and you are most welcome

OK the WALERT line has to go into the template file where you have other stuff conkywx is working with - look in the ~/.config/conkywx/wx-wu-vindsl-imperial-weather-graphic-template.sh or one of the other template.sh files you are using.

In the next update 0.9.2 where we have scrolling alert - we can use the file you have used - but I shall explain that when we reach that bridge - oh wait - I have already updated the wiki and is in the EXAMPLES section lol I feel naughty

Re the error you get - that is the parsewxdata.pl the perl module that does the magic - it is the feel like temp - the calculations require a C value and for some reason it gives this error - but not always on a rare occasion and yes I would like to trap it - but in earlier report VinDSL was using super advance cutting edge razor sharp with lethal jagged edges perl lol so we left it at that error vanished after a while - is this a permanent error or you just saw it - I need to be able to replicate it - I had used a proxy to down load the US page he he and it was fine. Perhaps I need to trap that pesky little thing b4....

Beans

I'm sure this question has already been answered, but how exactly do I download the VinDSL files? I'm on Ubuntu 13.04. Thanks!
    Last edited by bls0n; May 13th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bls0n View Post
    I'm sure this question has already been answered, but how exactly do I download the VinDSL files? I'm on Ubuntu 13.04. Thanks!
    Hi

OK here is a post by Foodoo - a quick startup guide

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=404

you just need to install one version of conky - above 1.9

cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It is all a guesstimation boss lol and you are most welcome

OK the WALERT line has to go into the template file where you have other stuff conkywx is working with - look in the ~/.config/conkywx/wx-wu-vindsl-imperial-weather-graphic-template.sh or one of the other template.sh files you are using.

In the next update 0.9.2 where we have scrolling alert - we can use the file you have used - but I shall explain that when we reach that bridge - oh wait - I have already updated the wiki and is in the EXAMPLES section lol I feel naughty

Re the error you get - that is the parsewxdata.pl the perl module that does the magic - it is the feel like temp - the calculations require a C value and for some reason it gives this error - but not always on a rare occasion and yes I would like to trap it - but in earlier report VinDSL was using super advance cutting edge razor sharp with lethal jagged edges perl lol so we left it at that error vanished after a while - is this a permanent error or you just saw it - I need to be able to replicate it - I had used a proxy to down load the US page he he and it was fine. Perhaps I need to trap that pesky little thing b4....
    That message only appears when I run the .conkyrc from terminal so it's no big deal.

Which WALART line am I supposed to add to ~/.config/conkywx/wx-wu-vindsl-imperial-weather-graphic-template.sh?

I tried adding this line from your wiki examples to the bottom of that file and it didn't change anything: ${if_empty ${exec echo [WALERT]}}${else} Alert: ${color1}[WALERT]${endif}
    I also don't see any other if statements in that file. It looks like this:
    Code:
    #################################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-11-19 11:10 | ver. GRAPHIC ##
    ## IMPERIAL WEATHER TEMPLATE for Conkywx 0.7.9 ##
    ${voffset 9}${font Arrows:size=28}${goto 160}${color6}[FCTTF]${font}
    ${voffset -43}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc 13}[PT]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.4}${alignc 6}${color5}Feels${offset 3}like${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FL]${offset 2}${color5}/${offset 3}${color6}[FCTT]${font}
    ${voffset -40}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${voffset -45}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color6}I${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${voffset 7}${alignc 3}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSRF]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 10}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSSF]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTHF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTPF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMRF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMSF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Full${offset 3}Moon${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FM]${font}
    ${voffset -65}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -34}${goto 196}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}
    ${voffset -36}${font DroidSans:bold:size=11}${color 777}${alignc -92}[MV]${font}
    ${voffset 18}${goto 22}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WS] mph${voffset 0}${goto 203}[MP]${font}
    ${voffset 9}${goto 27}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 86}[D3D]${goto 145}[D4D]${goto 201}[D5D]${font}
    ${image [PIC] -p 12,674 -s 48x48}${image [D2I] -p 22,873 -s 34x34}${image [D3I] -p 82,873 -s 34x34}${image [D4I] -p 141,873 -s 34x34}${image [D5I] -p 198,873 -s 34x34}
    ${voffset 33}${goto 27}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 87}[D3T]${goto 147}[D4T]${goto 203}[D5T]${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D2P]${goto 84}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D3P]${goto 144}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D4P]${goto 201}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D5P]${font}
    Somehow, this stuff makes me feel dumb! But, I think I'm just happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Which WALART line am I supposed to add to ~/.config/conkywx/wx-wu-vindsl-imperial-weather-graphic-template.sh?
    I tried adding this line from your wiki examples to the bottom of that file and it didn't change anything: ${if_empty ${exec echo [WALERT]}}${else} Alert: ${color1}[WALERT]${endif}
    I also don't see any other if statements in that file. It looks like this:
    Somehow, this stuff makes me feel dumb! But, I think I'm just happy.
    OK if that is your template - the one you shown - then here goes :

In .conkyrc file do this to the conkywx section - I have commented out the line that shows CONKYWX --------------- thing
    PHP Code:
    ##      CONKYWX WEATHER         ##
    # ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}CONKYWX${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for IMPERIAL Weather Stats (DINGBAT font set).
    # ${execpi 900 ${template0} -c "${template1}" -t "${template3}"}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for IMPERIAL Weather Stats (GRAPHIC icon set).
    ${execpi 900 ${template0} -"${template1}-"${template4}"}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for METRIC Weather Stats (DINGBAT font set).
    # ${execpi 900 ${template0} -c "${template2}" -t "${template5}"}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for Metric Weather Stats (GRAPHIC icon set).
    # ${execpi 900 ${template0} -c "${template2}" -t "${template6}"}${font}
    your template - have added the line
    PHP Code:
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-11-19 11:10 | ver. GRAPHIC ##
    ## IMPERIAL WEATHER TEMPLATE for Conkywx 0.7.9 ##
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}CONKYWX${color0}${if_empty ${exec echo [WALERT]}}${else}${offset 8}Alert:${offset 8}${color4}[WALERT]${endif}${color6}${offset 8}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font
    ${
    voffset 9}${font Arrows:size=28}${goto 160}${color6}[FCTTF]${font}
    ${
    voffset -43}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc 13}[PT]${font}
    ${
    voffset 2}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.4}${alignc 6}${color5}Feels${offset 3}like${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FL]${offset 2}${color5}/${offset 3}${color6}[FCTT]${font}
    ${
    voffset -40}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${
    voffset 0}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${
    voffset -45}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color6}I${font}
    ${
    voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${
    voffset 7}${alignc 3}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSRF]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 10}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSSF]${font}
    ${
    voffset 8}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTHF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTPF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMRF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMSF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Full${offset 3}Moon${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FM]${font}
    ${
    voffset -65}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -34}${goto 196}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}
    ${
    voffset -36}${font DroidSans:bold:size=11}${color 777}${alignc -92}[MV]${font}
    ${
    voffset 18}${goto 22}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WSmph${voffset 0}${goto 203}[MP]${font}
    ${
    voffset 9}${goto 27}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 86}[D3D]${goto 145}[D4D]${goto 201}[D5D]${font}
    ${
    image [PIC] -p 12,674 -s 48x48}${image [D2I] -p 22,873 -s 34x34}${image [D3I] -p 82,873 -s 34x34}${image [D4I] -p 141,873 -s 34x34}${image [D5I] -p 198,873 -s 34x34}
    ${
    voffset 33}${goto 27}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 87}[D3T]${goto 147}[D4T]${goto 203}[D5T]${font}
    ${
    voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D2P]${goto 84}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D3P]${goto 144}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D4P]${goto 201}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D5P]${font
    Now you will not only feel HAPPY HAPPY but also SMART !!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

OK if that is your template - the one you shown - then here goes :

In .conkyrc file do this to the conkywx section - I have commented out the line that shows CONKYWX --------------- thing
    PHP Code:
    ##      CONKYWX WEATHER         ##
    # ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}CONKYWX${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for IMPERIAL Weather Stats (DINGBAT font set).
    # ${execpi 900 ${template0} -c "${template1}" -t "${template3}"}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for IMPERIAL Weather Stats (GRAPHIC icon set).
    ${execpi 900 ${template0} -"${template1}-"${template4}"}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for METRIC Weather Stats (DINGBAT font set).
    # ${execpi 900 ${template0} -c "${template2}" -t "${template5}"}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for Metric Weather Stats (GRAPHIC icon set).
    # ${execpi 900 ${template0} -c "${template2}" -t "${template6}"}${font}
    your template - have added the line
    PHP Code:
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-11-19 11:10 | ver. GRAPHIC ##
    ## IMPERIAL WEATHER TEMPLATE for Conkywx 0.7.9 ##
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}CONKYWX${color0}${if_empty ${exec echo [WALERT]}}${else}${offset 8}Alert:${offset 8}${color4}[WALERT]${endif}${color6}${offset 8}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font
    ${
    voffset 9}${font Arrows:size=28}${goto 160}${color6}[FCTTF]${font}
    ${
    voffset -43}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc 13}[PT]${font}
    ${
    voffset 2}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.4}${alignc 6}${color5}Feels${offset 3}like${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FL]${offset 2}${color5}/${offset 3}${color6}[FCTT]${font}
    ${
    voffset -40}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${
    voffset 0}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${
    voffset -45}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color6}I${font}
    ${
    voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${
    voffset 7}${alignc 3}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSRF]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 10}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSSF]${font}
    ${
    voffset 8}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTHF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTPF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMRF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMSF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Full${offset 3}Moon${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FM]${font}
    ${
    voffset -65}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -34}${goto 196}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}
    ${
    voffset -36}${font DroidSans:bold:size=11}${color 777}${alignc -92}[MV]${font}
    ${
    voffset 18}${goto 22}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WSmph${voffset 0}${goto 203}[MP]${font}
    ${
    voffset 9}${goto 27}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 86}[D3D]${goto 145}[D4D]${goto 201}[D5D]${font}
    ${
    image [PIC] -p 12,674 -s 48x48}${image [D2I] -p 22,873 -s 34x34}${image [D3I] -p 82,873 -s 34x34}${image [D4I] -p 141,873 -s 34x34}${image [D5I] -p 198,873 -s 34x34}
    ${
    voffset 33}${goto 27}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 87}[D3T]${goto 147}[D4T]${goto 203}[D5T]${font}
    ${
    voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D2P]${goto 84}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D3P]${goto 144}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D4P]${goto 201}${color5}CoR${offset 3}${color3}[D5P]${font
    Now you will not only feel HAPPY HAPPY but also SMART !!!
    Thanks for that! I changed the 2 files as suggested. That was one line right in the template file right even though it looks like 2?
    I made the changes and have !Clear as the current weather which I believe means I have an alert but, there is just a straight line like this:
    CONKYWX -------------------------------------------------------------------

Shouldn't an alert be displayed on the line?
    I see this alert on the wunderground site for my location: Tropical Weather: Invest 90E (East Pacific) Tropical Cyclone Mahasen (North Indian Ocean)

Come to think about it that would not fit on my little line anyway. Maybe that is why it is not showing.

This is where I got think I'm just happy.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; May 14th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Page 92 of 287 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast