Page 84 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hi Paramvir,

Yes i'm sorry about my rant, there is quite a list of these routers putting people at risk and i'm wondering how "dopey" and his buddies get the phone numbers in the first place! I am thinking maybe the unprotected routers can also give the number of the phone line or something like that.
    here's a bit more info for your reading pleasure.
    http://www.h-online.com/security/new...s-1800471.html

Anyway i'm looking forward to the next version of conkywx

have a nice day Sean.
    Hey Thanks for that link - great info - we all need to rant every now n then - it keeps us all a bit sane and YES - I promise you that bier !!!

cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

Any possibility of packaging this up in a tarball? It's a tall order just following the posts, at least to me. Put everything to go in the local/home directory -- I prefer not to put unnecessary stuff/scripts in the /usr dir.

Quote Originally Posted by os2 View Post
    Any possibility of packaging this up in a tarball? It's a tall order just following the posts, at least to me. Put everything to go in the local/home directory -- I prefer not to put unnecessary stuff/scripts in the /usr dir.
    Hello os2

If you are referring to conkywx - you can use the stand alone version - use it in your home directory.

http://foreverquest.blogspot.in/2012...sh-script.html

cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Hello os2

If you are referring to conkywx - you can use the stand alone version - use it in your home directory.

http://foreverquest.blogspot.in/2012...sh-script.html

cheers

Yes, though I was referring to the Google Weather API. Is it no longer working as I was unable to fetch any data? -- rejected via automated response.

Quote Originally Posted by os2 View Post
    Yes, though I was referring to the Google Weather API. Is it no longer working as I was unable to fetch any data? -- rejected via automated response.
    Well, the Google Weather API went the way of the Dodo some time in mid 2012. Google killed that api quietly - just google for it.

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Been playing around with VLC Media Player, and I kinda like it. So...

I added some code to .conkyrc, so it displays VLC titles.

Here's the code, if you want to play around with it...

Code:
    ##################################
    ##   RHYTHMBOX (Experimental)   ##
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${voffset -9}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}RHYTHMBOX${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt | head -n 1`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ##    BANSHEE (Experimental)    ##
    ${if_running banshee}
    ${voffset -19}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}BANSHEE${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/banshee --query-title --no-present | cut -f1- -d " "`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 banshee --query-title --no-present | cut -f2- -d " "}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 banshee --query-title --no-present | cut -f2- -d " "}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ##   GUAYADEQUE (Experimental)  ##
    ${if_running guayadeque}
    ${voffset -33}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}GUAYADEQUE${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`qdbus org.mpris.guayadeque /\Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata | grep title | cut -f2- -d" "`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 qdbus org.mpris.guayadeque /\Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata | grep title | cut -f2- -d" "}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 qdbus org.mpris.guayadeque /\Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata | grep title | cut -f2- -d" "}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ##     VLC (Experimental)       ##
    ${if_running vlc}
    ${voffset -47}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}VLC${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/xlsclients -l | grep "VLC media player" | cut -c -9 --complement | rev | cut -c 19- | rev`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 xlsclients -l | grep "VLC media player" | cut -c -9 --complement | rev | cut -c 19- | rev}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 xlsclients -l | grep "VLC media player" | cut -c -9 --complement | rev | cut -c 19- | rev}${font}${endif}${endif}

Here's how it looks in Gnome 3.8...

Not a startling improvement, but it does add another option. VLC Media Player seems to be very popular...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hey Vin,

I found this in the net maybe a year ago and used the scroll function but I did'nt mess with it too much but I like to use VLC player.

Code:
    ##           MUSIC              ##
    ${voffset -2}${font RadioSpace:bold:size=7.75}${color4}MUSIC${offset 8}${color4}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font DroidSans:size=8}${color9}${alignc}${scroll 50 2${if_running mocp}${exec mocp -Q %title}${endif}${exec xlsclients -l | grep "VLC media player" | cut -c -9 --complement}}
    Nice color scheme on the player can you tell us how you have done that ?

Nice greetings Sean

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Nice color scheme on the player can you tell us how you have done that ?
    Thanks!

Sometimes a pic is worth 1000 words...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I managed to get the grub version to display. This is pretty handy for me. On each install something was a little bit different. But, this was just one line and it took me quite a while so I'm not bragging too much.
    The grub 2.00 on Quantal for example is different than the grub 2.00 on Raring. I hope they sync up at some point.

This is the line I added on Raring:

Code:
    ${voffset 2}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.6}${color0}${offset 5}Grub${offset 3}Version${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${pre_exec grub-install -v | grep grub-install | cut -c21-42}${font}

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I managed to get the grub version to display. This is pretty handy for me. On each install something was a little bit different. But, this was just one line and it took me quite a while so I'm not bragging too much.
    Cool!

Here's my latest (Unity Wannabee)

* Gnome-Shell 3.8.0.1 / Ubuntu 13.04

Page 84 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast