Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    HAAAAAA - got the pesky little url... can't get away from me lol
    Good job, detective (on all the fixes)!

Allow me to interject something off-topic here...

I noticed that somebody (above) is still using version 8 of my calendar code.

The cal code is currently sitting at version 9 (yes, it took me 9 tries to get it right).

I've been running the "experimental" version 9 cal code for many months, but I didn't realize (until I just looked) that it required some maintenance, updating, commenting, and so forth, and so on. It was due to "expire" (go stale) at the end of June 2013.

Here is the latest update:

Code:
    ##################################
    ##         CALENDAR             ##
    ##################################
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 18}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color2}${alignc 60}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -4}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=18}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${color3}${alignc 65}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %e}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color2}${alignc 60}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.6}${color2}${alignc 60}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -80}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=67}${color7}${alignc 99}2${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for "SUNDAY = First Day-of-the-Week" valid Jun.2013 - Dec.2014 (use mono fonts only)
    ## Manually tweaked for proper alignment of annoying months with six calendar weeks.
    ${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Jun 2013"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Mar 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Aug 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Nov 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${voffset -70}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_9=`date +%-d`; cal -h | sed -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^/ /g' -e '1d' -e s/^/"\$\{offset 100"\}/ -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_9"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for "MONDAY = First Day-of-the-Week" valid Jun.2013 - Dec.2014 (use mono fonts only)
    ## Manually tweaked for proper alignment of annoying months with six calendar weeks.
    # ${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Sep 2013"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Dec 2013"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Mar 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${voffset -70}${endif}${endif}${endif}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_9=`date +%-d`; ncal -M -C -h | sed -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^/ /g' -e '1d' -e s/^/"\$\{offset 100"\}/ -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_9"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}
    Hopefully, the "commenting" explains it all...

That said, it never occurred to me, until today, that the "pesky" months with six calendar weeks are different for weeks starting on Sunday, and weeks starting on Monday. Nobody complained, and I never noticed it. Sorry!

Anyway, I think I pegged it, for the next year_and_a_half (2013/2014).

If there are any problem(s), let me know.

June 2013 / First Day of Week, Sunday / Six Calendar Weeks

June 2013 / First Day of Week, Monday / Five Calendar Weeks

Okay, back on-topic...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I've changed as you instructed me to:

Code:
    ${image [D2I] -p 22,750 -s 50x50}
    And nothing happens there is no image at all.

I' ve commented out the lines where it was sett with font.

Beans

YES - they both work lol ha ha ha

I was actually trying to find how you got that url - I did get it once but after that it always worked.

If you just search for tampa florida you get the first id and if you click on conditions etc on the history page you get my second url.

The next update will do away with the way the final dayinfo gets generated. We learn all the time That way the url that did not work will also work

cheers
    I appreciate all the help!

Beans

Paramvir,

As quickly as you fixed it, it broke again. I've tried the other URL you provided with the same result. I've attached the currdata.html file if you want to look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@vindsl

I see you also use weather with icons. Can you shown me how to set that part?
    I can't figure out that part by any way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Cvetan View Post
    @vindsl

I see you also use weather with icons. Can you shown me how to set that part?
    I can't figure out that part by any way.
    The icon sets are in the default folder(s) location: /usr/share/conkywx/images

And, I select the icon set in: /home/vindsl/.config/conkywx/vindsl-imperial-conkywx.conf

Code:
    <SNIP>

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Choose weather icon set
    # -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # [1] Enable icon set: org 12 by bharathp666 (Paramvir Likhari remix)
    # [2] Enable icon set: origin unknown
    # [3] Enable icon set: tick weather icons by xiao4
    # [4] Enable icon set: Sticker Weather Icons by Kortoik
    wx_iconset=2

<SNIP>
    That's about it.

Not quite sure why yours aren't working...

EDIT

Just thinking...

If you're displaying metric stats, you would set the icons in: /home/vindsl/.config/conkywx/vindsl-metric-conkywx.conf

* I suppose it goes without saying but, the path should include your username, not mine.

Example: /home/<USERNAME>/.config/conkywx/
    Last edited by VinDSL; June 1st, 2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Still having issues with N/A and overlapping text. Here's the debug files. Thanks. conkywx-debug.zip

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

People look for the new conkywx - just chill for a short while - perhaps have a short nap at your end of the globe - I shall have it out today. So hold all your questions re N/A issues - we start again if they are still there after you have updated to 0.9.3

Look - there are many ways to reach the nose ha ha ha - we just use another method - or just use the other hand...

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Good job, detective (on all the fixes)!

Allow me to interject something off-topic here...

I noticed that somebody (above) is still using version 8 of my calendar code.

Okay, back on-topic...
    Thanku thanku thanku -

he he - we are always on topic - that was topic enough. On a thought - and I think this has come up often - how do I find the latest VinDSL magic. Your popularity spans continents boss

The question is which post is the latest Magic... and how do we direct people coming to this thread being able to find it - maybe the Mods can help with an editable sticky or 2 - just thinking aloud - perhaps there are better ideas...

Beans

People look for the new conkywx - just chill for a short while - perhaps have a short nap at your end of the globe - I shall have it out today. So hold all your questions re N/A issues - we start again if they are still there after you have updated to 0.9.3

Look - there are many ways to reach the nose ha ha ha - we just use another method - or just use the other hand...
    Sorry boss didn't realize you were pushing an update so quick. Although I shouldn't have been surprised. Nice work.

Page 101 of 287 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast