Page 88 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1899

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

  1. #871

    Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    [QUOTE=Cavsfan;12611560]Don't mean to ask a lame question but, this probably is just that.
    I installed conkywx 0.9.0 and made no other changes.

    Are you talking about where my screen shows Full Moon: Apr 25 03:59 Waxing your screen doesn't show the date?

    I believe mine looks fine as is. Am I right?
    Thanks!
    [/QUOTE

    Yes what you have is correct - Val wanted just the month and day for full moon etc [phases] - this change will reflect in the next release - you will have the option to use as it is now or just month n day - but if you see my templates it even has rate of change - RoC for the moon - it is pretty neat to see how the moon slows down and then really speeds up in it's orbit... it is slowing down now...

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,382
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Thanks for the clarification. Now I see the time behind "Waxing". I didn't notice it before.

    I was hoping for a way to make the entire conky a little wider so that the time could still be displayed.
    But, after looking at the files and especially your conkywx.sh file I see it is way over my head to even attempt it.

    It would have to be done there and in the .conkyrc file as well and in the ~/.conky/bargraph_testing.lua too I am guessing.

    It is doable correct? But, definitely not by moi!

    The conky I think is beautiful and still allows my screen plenty of room as long as I am not in Unity, which absorbs another inch or so on the left.
    I pretty much live in Gnome Classic or Fallback or whatever it is called for that very reason.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  3. #873

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Now I see the time behind "Waxing". I didn't notice it before.

    I was hoping for a way to make the entire conky a little wider so that the time could still be displayed.
    But, after looking at the files and especially your conkywx.sh file I see it is way over my head to even attempt it.

    It would have to be done there and in the .conkyrc file as well and in the ~/.conky/bargraph_testing.lua too I am guessing.

    It is doable correct? But, definitely not by moi!

    The conky I think is beautiful and still allows my screen plenty of room as long as I am not in Unity, which absorbs another inch or so on the left.
    I pretty much live in Gnome Classic or Fallback or whatever it is called for that very reason.
    Ahhhh just had my first java of the morning - Lovely day - loads of breeze...

    Actually it all boils down to your real estate - I have a 24in wide screen - so rather than have one sided conky - I have system and wx split on either side making it convenient to have my apps some where floating in the middle.

    It is the conky side of tweaking you need to look at - shouldn't be much - I prefer vanilla conky rather than lua - may be some day who knows he he

    I have finally settled with XFCE - it is light and agile and gives me all the bells and whistles gnome or kde have to offer and then some - add Compiz and you are good to go.

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,382
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    oh and i fixed the thing for moon times

    Lines that go in the config file - the section goes just under Time_format as I have shown below:
    PHP Code:
    # [5] Use 24 hour time format
    Time_format=1

    # -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Show time with month and day for Moon Phases
    # -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # [0] Show only month n day (EXAMPLE: May 18)    [Default]
    # [1] Show month day time (example: May 18 10:06 am) The time will follow
    #     the Time_format settings above.
    moon_time=
    Lines that change in the conkywx.sh - This goes at the bottom of con_hrs function - u see the last closing curly braces.
    PHP Code:
            case $2 in
            1
    )    case $moon_time in
                1
    ) echo "$( date --date="$corrtime" "+%%${t_format//\+/}" )" ;;
                
    *) echo "$( date --date="$corrtime" "+%%d" )"                     ;;
                
    esac                                                             ;;
            *)    echo 
    "$( date --date="$corrtime" "$t_format" )"                     ;;
            
    esac                                                                 ;;
        
    esac

    cheers
    paramvir, what config file are you referring to for the first part where I insert Time_format=1 and moon_time=0

    Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Actually it all boils down to your real estate - I have a 24in wide screen - so rather than have one sided conky - I have system and wx split on either side making it convenient to have my apps some where floating in the middle.
    I don't have a problem with real estate. I have a 28 inch monitor 1920x1200 but, I have grown accustomed to having Firefox open with the conky on the right visible as shown below.

    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,382
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Nevermind. A little more detective work and I figured it out. I like when that happens.





    Oh, hold on my screen is on fire! I gotta go put that out.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,844
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Oh, hold on my screen is on fire! I gotta go put that out.
    LoL!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    14,757
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    I think I have wasted consumed spent invested as much time in the Cube as I have in Conky.

  9. #879

    Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Nevermind. A little more detective work and I figured it out. I like when that happens.



    Oh, hold on my screen is on fire! I gotta go put that out.
    Fantastic lol - I like that - I have an aquarium


  10. #880
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,382
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Man View Post
    Cavsfan nice desktop!!!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Fantastic lol - I like that - I have an aquarium

    That is pretty sweet too!
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Page 88 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •